Balancer...

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Balancer...

Post by pooty »

Missed the server log (it gets deleted upon reboot/crashes)...
But to the point lets say the scores from EvenMatch are:
Enyo 400
Tater 425
Leon 401
(rest of us noobs < 300)..

Balancer is going to go
Red - Tater -425
Blue - Leon - 401 (next highest)
Red - Enyo - 400
Blue - PlayerXX - 300
etc.

so one team if there's there odd number of top tier players it will always be like that.
No matter how you slice it...
Tater+leon
Tater+Enyo
Enyo+Leon

All all pretty good combos....
Tater

Post by Tater »

Sometimes the balancer puts me, Enyo and a bunch of lower players on a team vs a bunch of mid players with Leon; it's the reason we didn't completely wipe the floor in that one bionyx game if I'm remembering the right game.
Speaking of the balancer I can recall a lot of times when I'm put up against Leon and Enyo... not to mention that horrendous Masterbath game... that was ridiculous, should've taken a picture of the scoreboard.
I'm sure Enyo has to deal with Tater and Leon teams as well.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Tater wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:55 am Sometimes the balancer puts me, Enyo and a bunch of lower players on a team vs a bunch of mid players with Leon; it's the reason we didn't completely wipe the floor in that one bionyx game if I'm remembering the right game.
Speaking of the balancer I can recall a lot of times when I'm put up against Leon and Enyo... not to mention that horrendous Masterbath game... that was ridiculous, should've taken a picture of the scoreboard.
I'm sure Enyo has to deal with Tater and Leon teams as well.
Yep, almost every time there's an odd number of strong players, the team with one more will usually win. There's a good reason for that - it's the team with more of the aggressive node attackers.

The caveat to that is when there's a lot of good middle road players that actually go to nodes, they can push the team with less "top tier" players over the top.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So there was small issue with a couple of players scoring..its been fixed so hopefully that helps.

But I'll also add, that crappy players who waste the power vehicles are, IMO, one of the biggest, if not the biggest factor. No matter how good Tater, Enyo, Leon etc. are, when some noob suicides the mino (or missle tank on DJY like last night), it can throw the match. Heck on DJY, first half of the round we were down to our primaries and between Floppies and I we never saw mino/missle tank. Once I grabbed Missle tank and Fragster the mino, we turned it around (much to the dismay of Azazel -- which was fun) and killed their core.