Mini Map

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
TotalBurn

Mini Map

Post by TotalBurn »

Hey guys its been a while since I had to deal with this and forgot the fix. I have a mini map that isnt centered. Worse yet, if I use default settings for the map, the nodes and cores appear outside the map,
Shot00217.jpg
Shot00217.jpg (49.93 KiB) Viewed 2346 times
The above screenshot is the result of making the following change:
Level Properties > Radar Map > CustomRadarRange = 15000.000000

Using the deault value of 10000.000000 makes the red core outside the map.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Mini Map

Post by captainsnarf »

I wasn't sure how to fix it either.

For Pistola, I zoomed out in the top view and box selected everything, then moved everything slightly and try again. It took a while to get it to look ok.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks for that info! Ive tried all the usual tricks and no joy. By box select you mean ctrl+click everything? The funny thing is that from the top view it looks just about center. Far more centered than whats in the mini map.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, I got tired of not knowing why. I went looking through the source to see how the map is rendered.

The map center is hardcoded to vect(0,0,0). If your minimap is off then your map isn't exactly centered at 0,0,0.

As an example, here is ONS-Hanger-18 in the editor. I put some arrows where the center lines are

minimap

ONS-Hanger-18, after shifting everything to the center:

minimap

To move everything, I control+alt+LMB to select everything in the map, then control+LMB to move it around. I always use the grid, and always go with the largest size you can before going down any.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Snarf you are a life saver! On well on my way to getting this sorted out now. Huge thanks! I made a map background and slowly getting the map aligned. Thanks again! Tomorrow when I work some more on Hanger I will align that one as well. Thanks for taking the time to post the instructions. Appreciate it.