Randomizer maps still not right

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Randomizer maps still not right

Post by pooty »

From the OP, provert is running AMD too..hmm.
Provert

Post by Provert »

Ryzen 7 3700X. Just switched from Intel I7-6700K not long ago and had the same issues on it in regards to the randomizer crashes. Figured switching back to AMD would fix the issue.
Tater

Post by Tater »

Provert wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:39 pm Ryzen 7 3700X. Just switched from Intel I7-6700K not long ago and had the same issues on it in regards to the randomizer crashes. Figured switching back to AMD would fix the issue.
I run the 3700x, no issues here.
Provert

Post by Provert »

Tater wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:51 pm
I run the 3700x, no issues here.
Are you usnig the chipset driver from your motherboard manufacturer, or the one from AMD directly? I've been updating everything from Gigabyte, but just found a more recent driver on AMD's site.
Tater

Post by Tater »

Provert wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:30 pm
Are you usnig the chipset driver from your motherboard manufacturer, or the one from AMD directly? I've been updating everything from Gigabyte, but just found a more recent driver on AMD's site.
I use AMD's chipset driver for my specific motherboard.

Visit https://www.amd.com/en/support , select your correct chipset and mobo, and download the "AMD Chipset Drivers". Unzip and run the .exe.

I just went through the installer again to update anything, make sure to uncheck AMD PSP driver if you want to install it through AMD. Not necessary. The AMD Power Plan can offer the most out of your CPU from what I've read; I didn't install it the first time but I think I will after I finish writing this.
The other options can stay checked if you want to update or reinstall if it is already up to date.
Provert

Post by Provert »

Yeah, that's where I got the chipset drivers last time. I used to get them from Gigabyte since it's their board. I haven't seenthe issue lately, so I'll cross my fingers and hope that was the issue.