Randomizer maps still not right

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
Provert
Server Sponsor: Yes

Randomizer maps still not right

Post by Provert »

Still getting this when trying to join randomizer maps only:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3594 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Assertion failed: model [File:.\KScript.cpp] [Line: 78]

History: AActor::preContactUpdate <- ASVehicle::preContactUpdate <- KUpdateContacts <- KTickLevelKarma <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I've looked for this KScript.cpp file, but it is no where to be found. Using the fancy cache extractor someone listed recently on another thread to replace the extractor I was using before. If I am already playing ont he server, I can jouin these maps with no issues. This only happens when trying to join new. It's not only me, either. Anyone with "playerxx" as a name has had the issue, as well. You can eventually join, but takes 3-infinity tries.
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Randomizer maps still not right

Post by pooty »

Likely a C++ file (code) internal to the game. Not sure why you and a few others are getting it. I've run it on three computers here--although intel cpus, with Nvidia graphics. Anyone else having that can you share config.
Does it give errors if you run it locally?

Only thing I can advise is:
1. Clear UT Cache, instead of holding the map locally in the maps directly, let the server DL it to cache (and you can set your cache size/expiry to be pretty high so you're not DL all the time)
2. Use latest Video Drivers
3. Use D3DX9 or try OpenGL video in UT
4. Try 32-bit UT vs. 64 bit (which one are you running Provert?)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

History: AActor::preContactUpdate <- ASVehicle::preContactUpdate <- KUpdateContacts
It's definitely one of the vehicles included in the randomizer. The physics engine can crash if you give it weird parameters. I remember messing with some of the levi physics parameters while working on Pallas. The whole vehicle would randomly shake/twitch until the game crashed :D

Which vehicle is breaking it... that's the hard problem :(

I'm guessing fullvehicleloadouttest also crashes for you?
Provert

Post by Provert »

I am running 32 bit. I tried doing the 64 bit one a while back and I am pretty sure it did it there, too. I've tried D3DDrv and OpenGL, happens on both. (switched them yesterday between tries) . When I reloaded the game a month or so ago, I never loaded the files needed for D3D9, so it doesn't work. I believe I had the same issue when I did have it loaded earlier this year. My divers are updated, currently running 21.6.1, but this has been happening for well over a year now and I've had several driver versions in that time. I also keep my BIOS updated regularly and am on the current version for my board. I am curently playing at 1280x800 16bit which seems pretty stable. I don't see a difference and may go back to 32bit on the video settings.

The weird part is if I am already on the server playing the previous map, I have no issues. This only happens when I try joining the server and a randmoizer map is already running. If it is already running, it will let me get in, and usually crashes a few seconds after being on the server. Sometimes I can actually spawn before it crashes. If it crashes, it usually takes 4-5 tries to finally stay in the game and then I am "playerxx", becoming provert automatically on the next map. I can play these maps offline without any issues over and over again. The other weird thing is it isn't every time. Sometimes I can join the first time without crashing, so maybe it is a certain vehicle?

Would be intersting to find out if it is only an AMD issue. I doubt it, though, as I built this system in May of last year and was having the problem before that on an Intel chip with the same GPU.
pooty

Post by pooty »

so maybe it is a certain vehicle?
Does it do it on Vehicle Loadout maps? Those have nearly every vehicle on them. And the Randomizers have different vehicle mixes. So if you find another map that does it, or a randomizer in which is doesn't do it might be able to narrow it down.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It crashed on my last night after MTMU Randomizer V8.
General protection fault!

History: UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetFullName <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetFullName <- DispatchDestroy <- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::PurgeGarbage <- UObject::CollectGarbage <- UObject::StaticExec <- UEngine::Exec <- UGameEngine::Exec <- UPlayer::Exec <- UViewport::Exec <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- APlayerController::execConsoleCommand <- (ExtendedConsole Package.ExtendedConsole @ Function Engine.Console.Tick : 002C) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_Tick) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessTick <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
It's probably nothing, but when I google some of that I receive hits with 'aimbot' in them.
APlayerController::execConsoleCommand <- (ExtendedConsole Package.ExtendedConsole @ Function Engine.Console.Tick : 002C)
Somebody ran a console command? Or is that output from a mod? If I get bored this weekend I might dump the mods in MTMU v8 and see what I can find.
Provert

Post by Provert »

Arctic Randomizer, 5:38 PM CA time. Wouldn't let me join.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Does the load out map work for you?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Provert wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:41 pm Arctic Randomizer, 5:38 PM CA time. Wouldn't let me join.
I know next to nothing to be able to help you out Provert, but why is it nobody else seems to have this issue?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Tater

Post by Tater »

I had an issue last night where I played fine for about 10 minutes Dria-Randomizer, then suddenly got completely disconnected; no lag, no warning, just full disconnection. I could spectate but as soon as I joined everyone just spun in circles. More than likely has to do with my current bad internet.

Provert: I haven't been following much of your problems, so not sure what you've tried, but have you fresh installed UT? If you can't find your key for the game, it should still be in regedit on your PC. Clear UT cache. Have you fully updated your video driver to the latest available?