Solutions for wrist/hand pain

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
EmanReleipS

Re: Solutions for wrist/hand pain

Post by EmanReleipS »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:09 am
EmanReleipS wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 am My husband struggled with this for a long time, especially when using the hellbender turret. I started to develop some hand pain earlier this year as well. What helped us was to replace our mice with much lighter ones. I got the Cooler Master Mastermouse MM720 (good for small hands, the ring finger rest is also particularly good for me because I used to grip my mouse with the thumb and ring finger when moving it sideways), he got the Glorious Model 0. The lighter weight also feels really nice for our wrists.

I tried a wrist rest, but found that it got in the way too much.
A couple who plays UT together? You might be the last one in existence. What's your husband's handle?
Lol, we actually met through UT, on CEONSS... His name is Dalyup, he is a pain. :lol:
Provert
Server Sponsor: Yes

Post by Provert »

trans_lux wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:31 pm
Xexx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:30 am Try a vertical mouse.

https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Ergon ... B088TCN4ZM
I tired a vertical mouse for a while, but then had a slight pain in a different area of my wrist..lol My current mouse is way to small. I wish it didn't have the thumb cut out. I'd like to see about a 4" wide mouse. I had the Rat for a while, but it didn't last long.
MaDPaT

Post by MaDPaT »

This is a side mention, but I use to use a Nostromo since the 2007. Any advantage in speed is necessary when facing the uberkillers on UT2004. It was bought out and what they have is not as good and requires a buggy link to their server whenever you use it. I found something called the Azeron. https://www.azeron.eu/. I find it is pretty durable so far and limits hand pain in your left hand. It is a little pricey.
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

MaDPaT wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:14 pm This is a side mention, but I use to use a Nostromo since the 2007. Any advantage in speed is necessary when facing the uberkillers on UT2004. It was bought out and what they have is not as good and requires a buggy link to their server whenever you use it. I found something called the Azeron. https://www.azeron.eu/. I find it is pretty durable so far and limits hand pain in your left hand. It is a little pricey.
That looks very interesting. I need to give one a try
Provert

Post by Provert »

Very cool, Pat, thanks for sharnig. But, at $130 for a refurbished one, I think I'll pass...lol I have never had an issue with my keyboard hand, always my right hand/mouse hand, and only because every damn mouse except the Rat is too skinny.