Bug list

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Bug list

Post by pooty »

. So if I delete the pack files, and reinstall the older versions so I can play other maps offline, then an online map that requires the newer version will download to the cache and use those? Hope that makes sense. Thanks again for the help.
No. UT is smart enough that if the MAP has the same name but different it will download and cache. Not so for any of the "system" files, the .u (vehicles etc.). The versions MUST match or you get an error. You can play offline IF they needed files are in Cache, but if you have an older version in your system directory it just gives the Package Mismatch Error and won't download anything.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

1) GunShop - The shield at the center node was impossible to get tonight. It was basically an animation I could walk through. Did anyone else have this problem?

2) Minus Mega Arena - The megas now seem to get blasted into the ground and stuck half way through the map at times. Did this happen before? I had this happen like 5 times.

3) Shyron - The jump pads make accessing those flyers confusing. I still don't know which one takes you directly to the Cherufe, and the one just under the Draco launches you back to the ones behind you. If anything they launch you a bit too high so you'll take damage when landing next to the vehicle you're aiming for.

4) Shyron - If you take a skateboard under the small waterfall to the little cave at the core you can jump up and glitch to the underside of the map. It's not a really useful spot but super easy to access.

4) MagicIsle - This is an old one I found but there's a way to get yourself behind the wall at the corner nodes and keep them down as long as you have ammo. As far as I know, nobody has exploited it yet but I found it a while back and if someone's doing an edit to that map it should probably get addressed. I don't want to post how to get there on the forums but if a map maker wants to know, just send me a DM.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:16 pm ...
2) Minus Mega Arena - The megas now seem to get blasted into the ground and stuck half way through the map at times. Did this happen before? I had this happen like 5 times.
Yes, it has always happened that way, it even happens on BadgerMeUp. Not all the time, but a lot. I call that the Philidelphia Experiment effect, where they materialized inside a solid object. It's probably a bug in the mesh, but I like it. Most are too stoopid to get out of their tank and walk away, so they sit stuck there and waste time.

pooty

Post by pooty »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:16 pm 1) GunShop - The shield at the center node was impossible to get tonight. It was basically an animation I could walk through. Did anyone else have this problem?

3) Shyron - The jump pads make accessing those flyers confusing. I still don't know which one takes you directly to the Cherufe, and the one just under the Draco launches you back to the ones behind you. If anything they launch you a bit too high so you'll take damage when landing next to the vehicle you're aiming for.

4) Shyron - If you take a skateboard under the small waterfall to the little cave at the core you can jump up and glitch to the underside of the map. It's not a really useful spot but super easy to access.

4) MagicIsle - This is an old one I found but there's a way to get yourself behind the wall at the corner nodes and keep them down as long as you have ammo. As far as I know, nobody has exploited it yet but I found it a while back and if someone's doing an edit to that map it should probably get addressed. I don't want to post how to get there on the forums but if a map maker wants to know, just send me a DM.
3 - Ah yes, that's a know "bug" when using a skateboard or manta, you can eject through the "ceiling". I should probably remove the boards from that map.
4 - Yes the jump pads are a little weird (they were that way originally), but you get used to them. I started to modify them but it was a PITA. I did add QuadJump on that map so you can move around a bit better.

4..er 5 - MagicIsle - I suspect this had been exploited before. DM me and I'll fix it.

And remember for you troublemakers, exploiting map glitches is a kickable offense.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version, download here CSVehiclePack_1.0.13.zip

Changes

- add bKeyVehicle flag to Minotaur. bonus points for killing the mino now

we should probably move this thread to map discussions

* only file changed is CSMinotaur.u
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Oops double post have a nice day.
Last edited by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH on Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:32 pm New version, download here CSVehiclePack_1.0.13.zip

Changes

- add bKeyVehicle flag to Minotaur. bonus points for killing the mino now
Awesome. That’s a good idea.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Could be a fluke, but tonight on Ajunk Randomizer I hopped in a Mobraker that was spawned at the core. It only had the turret animated so i thought it was a Heavy Goliath at first. When i got in it, I appeared in a random spot inside/under the map slowly moving to the side like i'm in spec hovering.
pooty

Post by pooty »

1. OmniHelix is still leaving emitters on the map (I thought we fixed it?)

2. On Nevermore-YEAAH. Dark Levi singularity cannon doesn't seem to aim right when the vehicle is on a slope or tilted.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

We fixed the emitters for dropship but not omnihelix. The Levi has always aimed that way, dark or not.