Bug list

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Bug list

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:08 pm No randomizer.u file that I am aware of..I just cut and paste the actor.

Good Idea to make a Randomizer.u file...that way we could be sure its consistent.
Cut & paste the actor? Like from one map to the other? Ok.

There is a bunch of references to other custom mods in the randomizer, e.g. 'MusicReplicator', 'ONSPowerNodeSpecial', etc. Do you use any of those when mapping, e.g. ONSPowerNodeSpecial? If not I can remove that code otherwise I need to bring it all into the randomizer.u file.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version available! Download here CSVehiclePack_1.0.1.zip

Changes

- add missing SmallKraken vehicle factory to CSKraken.u package
- include 'CSVehicleRandomizer' based off Wormbo's ONSVehicleRandomizer.

Unfortunately this will not work on existing randomizer maps since the randomizer actor is technically different between each map. I have nothing to link to.

I created a new 'CSVehicleRandomizer' that you could use that the mutator understands. You probably don't need to use it though since if you are making a new map, you could just use the fixed vehicles anyway when filling out the randomizer. Either way, you have a .u file you can use now if you want.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Is it essentially the same as the existing randomizer? I could cut/paste it into a text editor and updtate it pretty quickly. Meaning I'd just edit the randomizer and either change the randomizer actor class or do search/replace (which is what the mutator really does anyway).

However, one issue I found early this evening. I added the CSVehiclePack Mutator to the server and it wasn't good, it crashed and kept crashing and reloading the crash map? Not sure why. Badger fix has been on for several days...no issues. Could there be some kind of conflict? I have the mutator test map which seems to work fine.

I'll play with it some more, but it was getting close to prime time and people starting getting on so I backed it out for now.. which is good since there's an updated version.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:43 pm Is it essentially the same as the existing randomizer? I could cut/paste it into a text editor and updtate it pretty quickly. Meaning I'd just edit the randomizer and either change the randomizer actor class or do search/replace (which is what the mutator really does anyway).

However, one issue I found early this evening. I added the CSVehiclePack Mutator to the server and it wasn't good, it crashed and kept crashing and reloading the crash map? Not sure why. Badger fix has been on for several days...no issues. Could there be some kind of conflict? I have the mutator test map which seems to work fine.

I'll play with it some more, but it was getting close to prime time and people starting getting on so I backed it out for now.. which is good since there's an updated version.
Yep, it's the same randomizer, minus some code for changing the 'PowerNodeSpecial' properties. If you aren't using those then it doesn't matter.

I'll try testing it out some more tomorrow to see if I can get it to crash.

During development I thought it was all working and tried a few maps including omni-loadout test which I thought covered my bases. Then tried mass destruction and caused a crash. After some poking around figured out it was Tiamat. It had a weird line in the 'k' physics stuff that was making it crash. Not sure why it does that since I just copied the file from one of your maps ( mtmu kitchensink-v15 I think). I fixed the line and was all working again. I tested all 11 vehicles in the pack to make sure they work ok before packaging it up.

Not sure why it is breaking on the real server but I can go through all the maps I have and make sure those all work. Also, there is probably something in the logs.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I tried every map I have. I could not get it to crash.

I noticed the new Kraken and Tiamat power beam turrets are not showing the beam. That will need fixed.

Also, I noticed the Kraken on Omni-FullVehicleLoadOut-Test-V4 power beam turrets use 'w' for zoom.
The Kraken on MassDestructionWideSpread-V16 power beam turrets use RMB for zoom.

It was a little confusing trying to test the mutator "Wait did I turn it off?" :)

I'm going to try adding ini config to the mutator so each vehicle can be enabled/disabled individually. This way we can enable them in batches until something crashes.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, new version available! Download here CSVehiclePack_1.0.2.zip

Changes
- Add config and ini file to allow enable/disable of each vehicle. Default is all on.
- Remake Kraken and SmallKraken from MassDestructionWidespread-V16 source. This fixes the power beam and also greatly reduced the size of the .u file.

* The only files changed between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 are CSKraken.u, CSVehiclePack.u, and the new ini file.
pooty

Post by pooty »

1.0.1 is on the server from earlier, I don't know what happended before, (typo maybe?) that caused an issue. But seems to be working, now.
I'll look at putting 1.0.2 on there hopefully later this evening... I just need to replace the .u files and restart.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok, so the Vehicle Pack 1.0.1 ran pretty well last night except the Hurricane. With the hitbox changes it now basically can't climb hills, gets stuck on "curbs" or any little bit of static mesh debris. I don't think we got any unregs, but it doesn't drive well. Maybe there is a way to tweak it?

I'll try to get 1.0.2 on the server today (gutter cleaning took longer yesterday!), and turn off the Hurricane replacement for now.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'd post a pic of the modified hitbox but I'm at work atm. From the previous pics, I made the blue and pink hitboxes bigger. I might have made the pink one too big/low. At first I tried only making the blue one bigger but it was still easy to shoot right through the hurricane if you aim just right.

I can have a new version pretty quick that fixes it. I didn't try driving it around much when I changed it before (just down the ramp on mass destruction) or I would have noticed.
pooty

Post by pooty »

1.0.2 is on the server. Hurricane replacement is turned off for now.