Bug list

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Bug list

Post by captainsnarf »

Download here Snarf's Vehicle Pack 1.0

Vehicles include: Ballista, Hell Hound, King Hell Hound, Alligator, Minotaur, Leviathan, Kraken, Tiamat, Hammerhead, Troop Carrier, and Hurricane. Also included is a mutator which replaces the originals with the bug fixed versions (similar to badger fix).

Bug fixes:

- RMB to zoom for all turrets. Some either had no zoom or had 'w' for zoom previously.
- Fix for Hammerhead exits squishing you
- Fix BioTank rolling and breaking the screen of Levi, Kraken, Tiamat, and Minotaur
- Increase Hurricane hitbox size

Installation:

Extract to UT2004 folder. If you already have the original mods then you already have the content files (there are no new content files). In that case you only need the system\ files.

* I decided to give up on Basilisk. It's a minor bug that doesn't really affect gameplay. I got the .u file from pooty with the content in it, but I can't use it directly and will have to rebuild it piece by piece. There are 40+ materials in it and not worth the trouble imo.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:32 pm Download here Snarf's Vehicle Pack 1.0

Vehicles include: Ballista, Hell Hound, King Hell Hound, Alligator, Minotaur, Leviathan, Kraken, Tiamat, Hammerhead, Troop Carrier, and Hurricane. Also included is a mutator which replaces the originals with the bug fixed versions (similar to badger fix).

Bug fixes:

- RMB to zoom for all turrets. Some either had no zoom or had 'w' for zoom previously.
- Fix for Hammerhead exits squishing you
- Fix BioTank rolling and breaking the screen of Levi, Kraken, Tiamat, and Minotaur
- Increase Hurricane hitbox size

Installation:

Extract to UT2004 folder. If you already have the original mods then you already have the content files (there are no new content files). In that case you only need the system\ files.

* I decided to give up on Basilisk. It's a minor bug that doesn't really affect gameplay. I got the .u file from pooty with the content in it, but I can't use it directly and will have to rebuild it piece by piece. There are 40+ materials in it and not worth the trouble imo.
This is awesome, thanks again for doing this. No problem on the Basilisk, I think we can all deal with the "morning piss" version.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:39 pm So one other one..this is more of a shot in the dark. I *think* the usual DJY crash, post game, has something to do with the Missle Tank/Arbalest -- the one with Cluster bombs. We don't see too many crashes, most of them are on DJY...but that version of the Missle Tank is also on DJY-Rando and AJY-Rando -- both of which I've seen crashes, which I swear happen if the missle tank spawns. Not sure what would cause it as there's no error in the server logs....
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the server has crashed after playing the regular, non-randomizer Arctic Junkyard too. Seems to be something specific with that map.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

A couple questions...

does the King Hell Hound have the improved sky mine combo?
Does the replacement go by myLevel.vehiclename (or classname). As there are many "versions" embedded.

I'll likely enable this mutator tomorrow sometime, once I get a chance to test it out.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:20 pm A couple questions...

does the King Hell Hound have the improved sky mine combo?
Does the replacement go by myLevel.vehiclename (or classname). As there are many "versions" embedded.

I'll likely enable this mutator tomorrow sometime, once I get a chance to test it out.
1. Not sure :). It is whatever King Hell Hound is in ONS-Omni-FullVehicleLoadOut-Test-V4.ut2 map.

2. The replacement uses class.Name property which doesn't have the package name as part of it. When it replaces a vehicle, it will replace all versions of that vehicle with that class name.

If the mod is in MyMod and the file says 'class Ballista extends ONSHoverTank' then the class name is 'Ballista', not 'MyMod.Ballista'. If you have a map with 3 'Ballista' versions in it, the mutator will replace all of them, doesn't matter what package they came from.

One downside I can think of is if you have classic 'Minotaur' and new 'Minotaur' in the same map they will all be new minotaurs with the mutator on.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Okay, I don't know what version is where.. on KHH.
I think we are okay on the mino. The Omni version is Omnitaur in the code, not Minotaur, so it should be good.
There's also SniperTank (which is basically same as Ballista, must have gotten renamed at some point).
I am going to try testing it out here in a bit.

I should add though Randomizer still wins out? Or does the Mutator understand the ONSVehicleRandomizer actor?
pooty

Post by pooty »

And we are missing the Tiamat, Class Name SmallKraken, we should definitely add that. Tiamat is pretty common.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I put the files on the server along with a TEST map: ONS-Dria-TankMeUp-CSVPFix-TEST
It has most, if not all the vehicles on it (I added a Levi).
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:12 pm And we are missing the Tiamat, Class Name SmallKraken, we should definitely add that. Tiamat is pretty common.
Tiamat is in the CSKraken.u package. I forgot the vehicle factory for it though. I can add it.

Omnitaur and Minotaur were nearly identical. I used Minotaur's code. It had a few more features so I thought it was latest. The mutator replaces 'Minotaur' and 'Omnitaur' with the minotaur provided. Main difference between Omnitaur and Minotaur that I saw is Minotaur has a few more special cases for taking damage, unnoticeably tiny difference in speed.
I should add though Randomizer still wins out? Or does the Mutator understand the ONSVehicleRandomizer actor?
Randomizer will always win since it runs after the mutator. I wasn't sure about how it worked but now I know it's name ... muhaha I can make it do whatever. Looks like maybe 5 lines of new code to vehicle pack mutator to support randomizer. The mutator would modify the randomizer's vehicle array with the fixed versions.

Is there a ONSVehicleRandomizer.u file that you use? I think I will need that version explicitly to make it work on omni servers. I have the source pulled from a randomizer map and could build a .u file, but not sure if it would have version mismatch against the one on omni servers. Better to have the real .u file you use. I could also make badger fix mutator work with it.

Once I have that file I'll update the package to work with it and also add the missing tiamat factory.
pooty

Post by pooty »

No randomizer.u file that I am aware of..I just cut and paste the actor.

Good Idea to make a Randomizer.u file...that way we could be sure its consistent.