Connecting issues..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Connecting issues..

Post by pooty »

A few people seem to have some connecting issues, I think Provent, Tater, SK10, Terramerge and perhaps a few others? I almost never have any issues..I think once in the last 3 months. Last night SK was having a difficult time, I had stat net up and I personally had 0 packet loss. That makes me think that the issues might be client related?
Tater

Re: Connecting issues..

Post by Tater »

pooty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:05 am A few people seem to have some connecting issues, I think Provent, Tater, SK10, Terramerge and perhaps a few others? I almost never have any issues..I think once in the last 3 months. Last night SK was having a difficult time, I had stat net up and I personally had 0 packet loss. That makes me think that the issues might be client related?
My internet can flake out sometimes so I haven't been joining... plus its hard to keep the motivation to play the same 4 maps and their multiple versions every single night lol.

I'm getting better internet implemented where I live, so hopefully I won't have as much connection issues and will be able to get on and kick some UT ass :D
pooty

Post by pooty »

Tater wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:50 pm My internet can flake out sometimes so I haven't been joining... plus its hard to keep the motivation to play the same 4 maps and their multiple versions every single night lol.
See scoring polls, hopefully that will improve map rotation as well with shorter matches..so you don't have to endure 1hr DesertJunkyard, Dria and others.
SK10H

Post by SK10H »

pooty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:05 am A few people seem to have some connecting issues, I think Provent, Tater, SK10, Terramerge and perhaps a few others? I almost never have any issues..I think once in the last 3 months. Last night SK was having a difficult time, I had stat net up and I personally had 0 packet loss. That makes me think that the issues might be client related?
The crashing issue seem to only happen on Randomizer maps when trying to join as a player, but it's fine when in spec. It will crash as well switching from spec to player if it wants to.

I run the 32bit dvd client + mega pack + 3369 patch so far. Just decide to try the 64bit exe with the sound mod DefOpenAL64.dll and it does sound just as good as the 32bit version. I gave up on 64bit last time because of this. :lol:
Also got the d3d8to9.dll and renamed it to D3DDrv.dll while I am at it. Not sure if it works better but it plays fine. Overall seem to be smoother.

Only issue I can't seem to get rid of is the 64bit version prompt that appear at the start of every map but have already tried to overwrite the 3369 x64 patch.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its strange that the issue would be connecting/joining the randomizer maps. All the randomizer does is replace vehicle classes at the beginning of the rounds. Once its started, there's nothing different running.
I haven't messed with 64bit in a while...but its working well for me so not going to mess with it.
Provert

Post by Provert »

SK10H wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:08 pm
The crashing issue seem to only happen on Randomizer maps when trying to join as a player, but it's fine when in spec. It will crash as well switching from spec to player if it wants to.

I run the 32bit dvd client + mega pack + 3369 patch so far. Just decide to try the 64bit exe with the sound mod DefOpenAL64.dll and it does sound just as good as the 32bit version. I gave up on 64bit last time because of this. :lol:
Also got the d3d8to9.dll and renamed it to D3DDrv.dll while I am at it. Not sure if it works better but it plays fine. Overall seem to be smoother.

Only issue I can't seem to get rid of is the 64bit version prompt that appear at the start of every map but have already tried to overwrite the 3369 x64 patch.
Same here, only the randomizer maps, no others. And it's very intermittent. I've never had an issue with a randomizer map IF I am already on the server and we voted that map, only when trying to get on the server and a randomizer map is playing. If it is crashing, it will also crash on sepctating. I lost interest in the 64 bit becuase of the sound, but I'll look into the DefOpenAL64.dll.

I started to wonder if a file(s) on my disc are bad. I have a physical disc I load the game from. I followed someone's advice before to place the UT2004 folder on the root of the C drive. I had a disc I lost from 2004 that had all the versions on different disc and had to buy this one a few years back.
leon

Post by leon »

I use this version. It's 1.99$ right now. I had only one issue. I couldn't connect to the server. I asked them to send me the multiplayer key and it took around 3 days. (as I said before I have 2014 notebook and win7 and AMD 8970m graphics).

https://www.gog.com/game/unreal_tournament_2004_ece