Stats DB

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Stats DB

Post by Enyo »

The stats DB hasn't recorded anything in 2 days. Did it get turned off?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Re: Stats DB

Post by McLovin »

When I pull it up, it shows only a few games from yesterday.

Tue, Sep 21 2021, 7:23:13 PM [UTAN] Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Ons... Onslaught ONS-DesertedSands-)o(-p00tylicio 23 1h 01m
Tue, Sep 21 2021, 5:39:04 PM [UTAN] Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Ons... Onslaught ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-Beta23 6 44m 12s
Tue, Sep 21 2021, 5:21:25 PM [UTAN] Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Ons... Onslaught ONS-OmahaBeach-)o(-V3 2 16m 33s
Tue, Sep 21 2021, 7:42:12 AM [UTAN] Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Ons... Onslaught ONS-Spiffingrad-Warfare-TEST-)o( 3 29m 58s

https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.co ... ts=matches
pooty

Post by pooty »

It did not. Not sure what the issue is...I'll take a look.
There's always been a bug where a few matches don't get recorded, but not like this.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Fixed, apparently there was an extended character in the Flying Saucer map name that fubar'd the log loading. I manually loaded yesterday, and deleted the Flying Saucer map. (the saucer will get added to some randomizers and maybe a map or two)
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty, the stats DB doesn't seem to be recording some events correctly, makes me wonder what else is not getting logged accurately. I noticed the headshots counter does not accurately record them... I had 10 HS recorded before playing last night (I also know I've had way more than 10). I got a HS two times last night and after checking the DB noticed the number had not changed. Any ideas?

Not a big deal, obviously low on the priority list, just curious.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its likely. Its fairly old code. It does seem to add new vehicles/weapons, but not sure what else it adds/properly handles, especially with all the custom stuff.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Enyo wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:07 pm pooty, the stats DB doesn't seem to be recording some events correctly, makes me wonder what else is not getting logged accurately. I noticed the headshots counter does not accurately record them... I had 10 HS recorded before playing last night (I also know I've had way more than 10). I got a HS two times last night and after checking the DB noticed the number had not changed. Any ideas?

Not a big deal, obviously low on the priority list, just curious.
It's never going to be 100% accurate; With that said, if you are playing to pad your stats, I'm disappointed in you.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Terminator wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:01 am ... if you are playing to pad your stats, I'm disappointed in you.
Who plays for points anyways? LOL I play to get the kill-thrill, points have nothing to do with it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:58 am
Terminator wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:01 am ... if you are playing to pad your stats, I'm disappointed in you.
Who plays for points anyways? LOL I play to get the kill-thrill, points have nothing to do with it.
No you big dummies, and wtf do head shots have to do with pts, McLovin? I was pointing it out to pooty because there's been some other issues with the stats DB. It's just a record book... but what's the point in having one if it's not accurate? And sorry fellas, but stats matter in team games of any kind.

But when it does come to scoring, it matters tremendously to make sure its accurate when you're using a balancer based on scores. How things are scored matters too. Duh, so why do you try and get on your high horses and act like points don't matter?

Play for the "kill-thrill?" So that's why you still suck, try playing to win.
― Mark Twain
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

I have always believed that overall points are the measure of a persons effort. Since there are so many ways to put some on the scoreboard.

Hopefully the balancer is getting an accurate count. I played a couple matches the other day that the teams were lopsided. I got to thinking that maybe the reason why sometimes things arent obviously balanced is because the balancer is having a similar issue to the stats db? Some maps/vehicles/weapons not being counted?

Some people might not put much stock into the stats db. Since I am trying to become a better player I use the db to measure my progress and examine post match where I fell short of my goals and what I need to work on.