Stats DB

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Provert
Server Sponsor: Yes

Re: Stats DB

Post by Provert »

You'd have to ask pooty which mutators are running, but it's probably not an easy fix. And yeah, you should have definitely gotten points from killing half a core. Last night on TorlanMechs I noticed some players were getting 3+ points for killing other mechs and some were only getting 1 point per.
I thought I read somewhere that you get more points for killing someone who was doing well, like ending someone's domination? Could this be why one person gets 1 pt vs 3 pts?
Tater

Post by Tater »

Enyo wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:07 pm pooty, the stats DB doesn't seem to be recording some events correctly
I remember it took a while to update; I got a wicked sick one time, and I looked a probably a few days after to see how many I had gotten before and it still said 0 lol.
Provert wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:00 pm
I thought I read somewhere that you get more points for killing someone who was doing well, like ending someone's domination? Could this be why one person gets 1 pt vs 3 pts?
I think that was me that said that, I thought I remembered reading somewhere you get a bonus point or so for ending killstreaks. Its why if you ever spec someone who kills the mino, they can get sometimes 4-6 points or so: damage points, the kill, and I'm assuming ending kill streak.
McLovin wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:46 pm The scoring must buggy as F. Look who is on the bottom. LOL

That's only total score, which is why Helper-Bot (the guy who would spam on spambox for hours each day) has such a high score... I think a good way to look at top scoring players is to sort by most hours played and pay attention to the score/hour on the right side (ignore the <80 low-hour players which are spiked and inconsistent).
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

That screenshot looks like its from Gametracker which I have no control over, and it does NOT use anything related to www.omnipotents.com/ut-stats. No idea how gametracker computes that score (I suspect its just a sum of player scores at the end of the match).
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I think you guys missed the point of that screenshot entirely... that was just McLovin trolling me because I called him a big dummy.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:23 pm I think you guys missed the point of that screenshot entirely... that was just McLovin trolling me because I called him a big dummy.
Haha!

"Aren't you the "good" man? C'mon, Deckard. Show me what you're made of." https://clip.cafe/blade-runner-1982/not ... -opponent/
pooty

Post by pooty »

No worries. Troll on...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I've been digging through the script source to see how scoring works.

PowerCore=10
PowerNode=5
leviathan=5
default iontank=5
iontank on AJv3m=0
vehicle=0
kill=1
kill person that is attacking node=2
kill person < 2000 units from your node=2
kill flag holder (in CTF games)=2
self kill=-1
healing a node=up to 5 points depending how much you heal it

if a mod vehicle has bKeyVehicle flag set, counts as 5 points when killed

mods with bKeyVehicle:
pallas
shocker
linktank
persesmas
kraken
tiamat
hospitaler
pooty

Post by pooty »

Mino gives extra points doesn't it?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

nope, nothing special for the mino. 0 points for vehicles unless they are bKeyVehicle. mino doesn't have that flag set.

Also, it looks like sprees and ending sprees don't count towards score. They are recorded in stats but don't affect score, so no bonus points for finally killing leon.
pooty

Post by pooty »

confirmed... 1pt for mino. and 1pt for Driver ... you will get extra point per gunner too though.. so fully staffed mino = 4pts.
Should we set that flag? What about other "power" vehicles? Ion? Falcon?

Idk if we should or not, I don't put much into "scores" fun is winning matches vs. being top of the leader board in points. In some way right now the biggest points awards are for building/killing nodes as it should be.