Stats DB

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Stats DB

Post by Enyo »

TotalBurn wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:28 pm I have always believed that overall points are the measure of a persons effort. Since there are so many ways to put some on the scoreboard.

Hopefully the balancer is getting an accurate count. I played a couple matches the other day that the teams were lopsided. I got to thinking that maybe the reason why sometimes things arent obviously balanced is because the balancer is having a similar issue to the stats db? Some maps/vehicles/weapons not being counted?

Some people might not put much stock into the stats db. Since I am trying to become a better player I use the db to measure my progress and examine post match where I fell short of my goals and what I need to work on.
Well said. See boys, stats aren't there to bolster egos, the data is used by lots of players and server developers for all sorts of reasons.

There still seems to be an issue where scoring itself is glitchy, which WILL throw the balancer off, and it has been off a good bit lately. As much as everyone screams for balance, nobody seems to care how much it matters if the scoring is still off kilter. Sometimes multiple pts are rewarded for a vehicle kill, other times only 1 pt is rewarded to another player for the same kill and it doesn't seem to have any consistent pattern, even seemingly changes map to map and player to player. I've observed it both while playing and spectating multiple players. I think whatever scoring mutator we're using is buggy. Snarf... any chance you'd be willing take a look at that code and see what could be causing that?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

The scoring must buggy as F. Look who is on the bottom. LOL

captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

What mutator is it? I thought we were using a combination.

The hard part with fixing anything is I have to run it first to see if I fixed it or not. Something like a scoring mutator means running it online and seeing if score is fixed. I don't have an online server so that could be problematic. I might have to run an online server from my house.

I know I've joined late before, went directly to their core and took off 50+ core damage, then the game ended. My end score was 0.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:55 pm What mutator is it? I thought we were using a combination.

The hard part with fixing anything is I have to run it first to see if I fixed it or not. Something like a scoring mutator means running it online and seeing if score is fixed. I don't have an online server so that could be problematic. I might have to run an online server from my house.

I know I've joined late before, went directly to their core and took off 50+ core damage, then the game ended. My end score was 0.
You'd have to ask pooty which mutators are running, but it's probably not an easy fix. And yeah, you should have definitely gotten points from killing half a core. Last night on TorlanMechs I noticed some players were getting 3+ points for killing other mechs and some were only getting 1 point per.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So mutators we are running:
Always:
ONSPlus http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett847/ONSPlus.html 101_Beta31 - This adds some scoring changes (linking points -- it does replace the link gun (called ONSPlusLinkGun).
UAdminModV095b https://gist.github.com/mGm-Lizard/a695 ... f56fb2dc52
EvenMatchV2b2 https://github.com/TheRealWormbo/EvenMatch
MutBadgerFix
MutSnarfVehiclePack

Possibly others:
QuadJump
MutWheeledVehicleStunts

The only one that affects scoring, AFAIK is ONSPlus
Config for ONSPlus

Code: Select all

[ONSPlus_101beta31.ONSPlusMutator]
bDisablePlayerClass=False
bDropChecks=True
bSelectableExits=False
bNodeHealScoreFix=True
bVehicleHealScore=False
HealValueScore=50.00000
bVehicleDamageScore=False
DamageValueScore=400.000000
bPallyShieldScore=False
PallyValueScore=200.000000
bNodeIsolateBonus=True
IsolateBonusPctPerNode=25
bAllowEnhancedRadar=True
bRestrictMissileLock=True
bDisablePreferredTeam=True
bDisablePlayerClass=False
bDisableVersionCheck=False
bDisableONSPlusTurrets=False
bDisablePreMatchTeamSwitch=True
bEnableCustomVehiclePlugins=True
bEnableWordFilter=False
bClientSendFilter=False
bFilterAdmin=False
MaxWordHits=5
MaxHitAction=HA_Kick
;MaxHitAction=HA_SessionBan
;MaxHitAction=HA_PermyBan
bFilterAdmin=False
bVehicleDistanceCheck=True
RespawnTimerDistance=2500.000000
DistanceCheckTimer=30
bRPGCompatible=False
Basically you should just get points for linking/healing, and node Isolation from it. I have the source code to the version we are using, somewhere I think. It basically replaces the stock vehicles (why the exit thing never works on anything, same with PallyShield - only works with stock Paladin not anything else). I don't think it affects core scoring or vehicle kill scoring. I've often wondered where the point total for a vehicle kill comes from? It must be a vehicle property.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, if that's the one you gave me source code for, I still have it.

For vehicle scoring, I'm guessing it's based on the VehicleDamageType base class that all vehicle damage types should derive from. It has a 'VehicleClass' property that should match the vehicle it comes from.

I think the problem is some mods are copy/paste quick conversions. As an example, the flying saucer from red planet main weapon shoots the plasma bullets from the levi gunner seats. They are not new projectile types. This means flying saucer kills with primary fire will (probably) count as 'Leviathan' vehicle kills.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think its the other way...
There's base scoring killing a tank is more points than killing a manta, and killing levi is way more. There must be a property that sets this value.
https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UE2:Vehic ... #Destroyed
bHighScoreKill
"Vehicle is considered important, and awards 5 points upon destruction" Its on SVehicle (parent class of all vehicles)
But I can't find any reference to what scoring is internally is any vehicle kill 1pt unless that's set?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm it looks like bHighScoreKill isn't really set anywhere.

There is another related flag though, bKeyVehicle. This is set for Leviathan and Ion Tank and causes you to get 5 points for killing them. Also it looks like it might count player kills separately, so you get points for killing the vehicle and also the player inside. Not 100% sure but that's what it looks like.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Maybe they changed the variable name.... but yes I think setting that gives 6 pts per kill instead of 1, does that mean killing a manta or scorpion should get you two points (1 for vehicle, 1 for driver?).
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I think so. I was about to post some code but jfc, there is a lot that goes into how many points you get when you kill something.

It looks like bHighScoreKill and bKeyVehicle vehicles will get 5 points when being killed. That is in addition to whatever else they get.

From TeamGame.uc, ScoreKill:

Code: Select all

// Kill Bonuses work as follows (in additional to the default 1 point
//	+1 Point for killing an enemy targetting an important player on your team
//	+2 Points for killing an enemy important player

if ( CriticalPlayer(Other) )
{
	Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo.Score+= 2;
	Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo.NetUpdateTime = Level.TimeSeconds - 1;
	ScoreEvent(Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo,1,"critical_frag");
}

if (bScoreVictimsTarget)
{
	Target = FindVictimsTarget(Other);
	if ( (Target!=None) && (Target.PlayerReplicationInfo!=None) &&
	       (Target.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team == Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team) && CriticalPlayer(Target.Controller) )
	{
		Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo.Score+=1;
		Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo.NetUpdateTime = Level.TimeSeconds - 1;
		ScoreEvent(Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo,1,"team_protect_frag");
	}
}
Vehicles are pawns too. I'm not sure if they end up here or not for scoring though.