old tricks

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: old tricks

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

How to turn around a MasterBath losing situation:
  • Be losing badly with no nodes
  • Go to enemy tub (which should quiet as there's no reason to spawn there when you're winning)
  • Get grenades from the node locker (only locker with grenades) and plant them at the base of the node and wait
  • Hopefully at least 2-3 people on your team of 16 losers know they should go to your tub and try to build it back
  • When your node comes up, shock combo the node and with the help of the grenades it'll come down in one shot
  • Link it immediately and you can usually have it up by the time they can get to you
  • Your team of losers probably won't be quick enough to get core hits, but this at least brings the battle back to the enemy side of the map.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Wait, you mean building the middle when the tub/cabinet is under attack is NOT a winning strategy?!
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

I shoot the tub from the core cabinet / DD area. When the we get the core vulnerable I jump down and start attacking it
Tater

Post by Tater »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:10 pm
  • Get grenades from the node locker (only locker with grenades) and plant them at the base of the node and wait
I almost only fight for the tub at this point, but never think to stick grenades on the side of the node when it's locked... gonna try to remember that :)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If you are on top with the ion tank but can't aim at anything e.g. tub, you need to be in FP mode. It has better aim in FP mode.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:18 am Wait, you mean building the middle when the tub/cabinet is under attack is NOT a winning strategy?!
I agree with Enyo on this one. The middle node is a distraction, the ion tank can be taken down too easily. I go straight for the enemy tub every time, it's the only thing that matters.

Another strategy I like is if the enemy tank is up, go for the tub. If the enemy tank is down, go for their cabinet.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

McLovin wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:20 pm
pooty wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:18 am Wait, you mean building the middle when the tub/cabinet is under attack is NOT a winning strategy?!
I agree with Enyo on this one. The middle node is a distraction, the ion tank can be taken down too easily. I go straight for the enemy tub every time, it's the only thing that matters.

Another strategy I like is if the enemy tank is up, go for the tub. If the enemy tank is down, go for their cabinet.
My strategy is, kill the tank, go for cabinet with the rocket drop move from the top level. Rinse and repeat. I can keep a bit of control on the tubs with the link gun from the cabinet anyway.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

To kill the enemy nuke tank on Desert Junkyard.... get in a Hammerhead, fly as high as you can, switch to miniguns, switch to 1st person seat. Now you can see straight down and do a good scan for their location. When you see them, the minigun can kill them in about 10 seconds and you're so high they'll barely be able to see you through the fog (although the AA rockets will find you in no time so begin to kill them only after they shoot a deemer)
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:18 pm ... get in a Hammerhead, fly as high as you can, switch to miniguns, switch to 1st person seat. ...
Good advice. But don't you mean 1st person view, not 1st person seat, F4?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

McLovin wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:41 am
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:18 pm ... get in a Hammerhead, fly as high as you can, switch to miniguns, switch to 1st person seat. ...
Good advice. But don't you mean 1st person view, not 1st person seat, F4?
Oops yeah view, not seat