Team Balancing/Specing/Switching..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Team Balancing/Specing/Switching..

Post by pooty »

I want to remind everyone to re-read the rules here: viewtopic.php?p=6&sid=d0f18732c4be967ba ... 0a432f3#p6

Especially this one, which lately there's been more than one player/incident and you will get kicked.
"Team switching : Stay on the team the server decided to put you on. Period. We do not care whether you do not like the color of the team you are on or a friend you want to play with is on the other team. This includes when the server or admin switches you..suck it up and help your new team. This includes trying to work the system, by leaving/spectating to force an imbalance so that a new join to gets switched and then rejoining the team"

Do not try to fix an imbalance. Yes the balancer sometimes screws up, sometimes it fucks up big time.
Admins, and admins only from time to time will change teams to try to remedy that.

If you team switch, or if you go to spectate to create an imbalance, then "teams" and then rejoin to your old team after forcing another play to get switched you'll get kicked. Do not do it. "Teams" is for when the numbers get unbalanced more than 1 player, its not for you to decide that you are down 1, and need to get the "new player". You will get kicked.

BTW server ignores your team preference. Server will add you to the team with the least players. After that its' random (from what I can tell), although it does feel like red often gets the new player (but I have seen the new join on even teams go to blue).

Now if you get disconnected and rejoin, you have two options:
1. Play for the team you get put on when you reconnect OR
2. Spectate and wait until the numbers allow you to rejoin your old team.

Please follow the rules. Its way to hard to moderate several players trying to balance/switching/requesting to switch. Just play. If your team gets whacked, there's always the next round/map.
Enyo
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Team Balancing/Specing/Switching..

Post by Enyo »

Simply put, players don't decide balance, ever... only the server and admins have that privilege.

One caveat to the rule, admins can ask (or force) a player to switch to balance things too. We don't do it often, I've never forced anyone, as we admins are usually the first to switch anyway. But if an admin asks you to switch, then do it, or you may be forced to switch.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Terminator

Re: Team Balancing/Specing/Switching..

Post by Terminator »

I understand now