I've been playing CS:GO a bit lately and...

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

I've been playing CS:GO a bit lately and...

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

... and it's funny to be a total noob and to feel the receiving end of all the hate. People say the exact same things to me in CS:GO we all say in UT:
"Kick this guy he sucks"
"He's just a noob chill out"
"How can you be a noob this game has been out for 20 years?!"
"Is this guy trolling?"

I'm not really digging CS:GO but if our server is quiet I'll hop into this game and check it out. It's still FPS, yes, but the skillset is quite different. It's all about close combat ambush, peeking corners carefully and listening for opponents. You can't bust into a group of enemies with a shock rifle (or vehicle for that matter) and brawl like UT, you'd just get peppered as soon as you came into sight.

That being an immensely popular game, I'm sure people who are used to that style and come into UT are totally caught off guard the other direction. I can't imagine what this game looks like to someone new. Probably chaos with old graphics while people yell at them for not knowing all the unwritten rules.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: I've been playing CS:GO a bit lately and...

Post by McLovin »

Sounds like a game (can't remember the name) I tried once, and I hated it. You were placed on a team with 5 teammates. You went in SWAT team style following each other. If you didn't communicate you were either dead really quick or useless. It was too stressful for me cause you had to have your head on a swivel and everybody else knew all the tricks.
Tater

Post by Tater »

McLovin wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:49 pm Sounds like a game (can't remember the name) I tried once, and I hated it. You were placed on a team with 5 teammates. You went in SWAT team style following each other. If you didn't communicate you were either dead really quick or useless. It was too stressful for me cause you had to have your head on a swivel and everybody else knew all the tricks.
Sounds like you're maybe talking about Rainbow 6 Siege McLovin; I've seen people play it but never tried myself, heard it is the most toxic community possible for new players. Also looks like a really big learning curve.

CSGO was fun when I played it, I mostly stuck to casual games though. Got pretty alright at it too, but it's also known for being pretty toxic especially if you play in ranked. It got old quickly because it's just the same thing over and over usually; also because the game went free a while ago hacking became an issue, idk if that's still a problem. Hadn't touched it in years
Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 »

Lol I hate the most people on CS:GO .. just played a bit .. also made some videos, uploaded 3 so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGgkdVX ... 1SiLT5JGzK
I absolutly don't like the camper stuff in it. It also seems that ~80% of the players there are way under the avarage UT player level, 10% same and 10% higher. Also I find in 8 of 10 games minimum 1 player who is obviesly cheating. So no hiding at all.

You can get me on steam "Miauz55555" .. yes the pictuare is my Avatar.