Map Replay Limit

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Map Replay Limit

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:33 am And if we ever want to be able to play any of the Badger maps with a busy server, including the all Mega one, then McLovin seriously needs to stop fucking around on those maps at 5 in the afternoon every day. He's the main reason they're never available to play when the server's actually busy.
I call BULL SHIT! I only load MegaBadger as an admin when no one is on the server, so it NEVER is out of rotation. It's some other idiots that come in and vote it in or the other MTMUs, either before or after I'd had my daily 1630 MDT - 1730 end-of-the-work-day fun.

PS: Back in the olden days, when we had players pretty much all-the-time. I had a standing invitation to play Badgers at 1200 high noon on the weekends. But those days are long gone. And it's getting worse. I usually can't get a live player these days until after 1700 at the earliest. By 2200 hours local MDT, the server is empty again.

Pooty, are there any places on the internet we can juice our popularity and bring in new players?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

McLovin wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:06 am
Enyo wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:33 am And if we ever want to be able to play any of the Badger maps with a busy server, including the all Mega one, then McLovin seriously needs to stop fucking around on those maps at 5 in the afternoon every day. He's the main reason they're never available to play when the server's actually busy.
I call BULL SHIT! I only load MegaBadger as an admin when no one is on the server, so it NEVER is out of rotation. It's some other idiots that come in and vote it in or the other MTMUs, either before or after I'd had my daily 1630 MDT - 1730 end-of-the-work-day fun.

PS: Back in the olden days, when we had players pretty much all-the-time. I had a standing invitation to play Badgers at 1200 high noon on the weekends. But those days are long gone. And it's getting worse. I usually can't get a live player these days until after 1700 at the earliest. By 2200 hours local MDT, the server is empty again.

Pooty, are there any places on the internet we can juice our popularity and bring in new players?
I’ll plug the server on the UT subreddit whenever the discussion comes up. I see other people doing the same so some of you appear to be on Reddit too. There are also other general UT Facebook groups with pretty big followings. Beyond that I don’t know besides directly inviting people you know.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, I've plugged it on Reddit (as well as promoted CEONSS for Europeans).
We have it on GameTracker:
And even the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/502667443415962 (Friends of Omnipotents).
I joined a couple of the other UT groups but they seem more DM focused.
Not sure where else to promote?
I think 5-7 is way too low, but try it and see... as long as you promise to increase it back the first night we play nothing but MTMU, Djunk and NM.
Absolutely. I prefer the variety.
It's some other idiots that come in and vote it in or the other MTMUs, either before or after I'd had my daily 1630 MDT - 1730 end-of-the-work-day fun.
There's been a couple of players that play during the day...I've run into them trying to update the server and not wanting to reboot it with even one person on. They won't show up on the UTStats DB as you need, I think 3 players for that to count, so with 1-2 players it doesn't bother to log it.
This was part of my reasoning to reduce the count, as those votes might cause a map not to get played during peak hours.

And for Admins, maybe we should declare Admin's choice a bit more...there might be claims of heavy handed admins...but might be nice to either play a map that people want that's greyed out, or to encourage playing something different once in a while. Like when they masses want to play Minus x3 or Dria variant after playing Dria...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

When youtubers ask 'where can I get your mods?' I tell them the best way is to play on the omni servers. Hopefully this drives some traffic.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Map Replay Limit is set to 7

Let's see how it goes. Its pretty easy to change (We can even change it in game if needed).
leon

Post by leon »

Two MEGA in a row and it wasn't an empty server as you see. I had time I could play but I tired to play tanks. And people often keep voting Minus after Minus.
Sorry McLovin but Komtek is not "a nice plain-Jane Minus- without all the new bells-and-whistles". Plain maps are Primvial, Dreamus, Torlan.....
I'm 100+% with Pooty and Enyo.
Tater

Post by Tater »

Agree. IMO Kamek should be removed because it is way too similar to the version with 4 hoverboards.
That version you at least have a *chance* for a comeback.
Too. Many. MTMU. Versions.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

In the wise words of Sarge, "If you don't like a map, don't play it."

Deleting maps so others can't play them is next to book-burning in my opinion. Ya bunch of F'n Nazis!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Two MEGA in a row and it wasn't an empty server as you see. I had time I could play but I tired to play tanks. And people often keep voting Minus after Minus
That had to be an Admin force. The map repeat limit is 7, so you have to play 7 maps before you can play it again, admins can override this. Maybe it was really unbalanced round so it was restarted, I don't know.
I did delete (gasp!) some of the maps I don't think we play much at all (eg. BGA-Core, Frostbite (1 node thing) and few other ones..some I added, some that were older.
We played Dria, and then Dria-Randomizer they other night...Azazel tried to get Dria-Symmetric next and thankfully failed.
That being said I feel like 7 is too low, but we seem to get good participation. People love their minus, junkyard, dria wash/rinse/repeat. I picked 7 since that seems to be the number of maps played in a evening... but the day/early afternoon players skew that. Thinking maybe 10 is a bit better, but I'll hold off on that and see how it works.

And there's only 6 Minus maps;
Kamek - older version
pOOtylicious - similar to Kamek adds wasp/pulsetraitor Classic mino/mobreaker and roof jumppads
Randomizer - based off the old Minus randomizer - mostly tanks/ground vehicles (only fliers are HH, Dragon, Manta)
Randomizer Kitchensink - pretty much all the vehicles a free for all
BadgerMeUP - only Badger flavors
MegaBadger-Arena - All Megas.

I've just found on Kamek without enough power vehicles at the base, comebacks are difficult... I could delete it and not worry, but it has the most "classic" minus feel. Maybe rotate Kamek and Nightwolf (NExis)...I kind of miss the nexis version.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'm inclined to increase it a bit, maybe to 10.
Three days of basically playing the same maps...although server numbers were strong.