Starting to look like Christmas

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Starting to look like Christmas

Post by McLovin »

Enyo

Re: Starting to look like Christmas

Post by Enyo »

Pooty, any chance we could add the Christmas Presents mutator for the rest of the month? You get random goodies in them like health, shield and double damage.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Do you know the name of the mutator?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:45 am Do you know the name of the mutator?
The RMD server has it available for download, called PresentsUT2004V22, here: http://unrealmassdestruction.com/ut2k4%20mods.html.

They also have another Christmas mod, OnsChristmasV21, I think it puts Santa hats on all players and Christmas lights on the cores if I remember correctly.

They did not create these, and they have them freely available for download, so don't think we're ripping them off or anything.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, I found them. I'll look to getting them on the server when I get a moment.
pooty

Post by pooty »

All Christmas goodies on the server.
WRT to the Presents.... it randomly gives health, shield, double damage, speed and invisibility. I don't have any way to additionally configure what in the presents -- at least without recoding the mutator.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:09 pm All Christmas goodies on the server.
WRT to the Presents.... it randomly gives health, shield, double damage, speed and invisibility. I don't have any way to additionally configure what in the presents -- at least without recoding the mutator.
Awesome, thanks! No need to configure the goodies you get... it's kinda fun to have the adrenaline-style power-ups too. I thought I remember them also giving Full Ammo sometimes too, but maybe that was something RMD did only on their server.
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:12 pm
pooty wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:09 pm All Christmas goodies on the server.
Awesome, thanks! No need to configure the goodies you get... it's kinda fun to have the adrenaline-style power-ups too. I thought I remember them also giving Full Ammo sometimes too, but maybe that was something RMD did only on their server.
Wait we got adrenaline combos for Christmas??
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:43 pm Wait we got adrenaline combos for Christmas??
Not really, we got Christmas presents filled with health, shield, and some adrenaline combo-like power-ups such as invisibility and speed. The mod places random Christmas presents with random goodies all over the map.
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

adrenaline isn't enabled in Onslaught..