Weird "freezing" / lag

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Weird "freezing" / lag

Post by pooty »

Anyone notice some lag/stuttering lately? I've gotten it the past couple of days...its not really lag (0 packet loss), but my game kind of freezes for a second (fraction of second)... fps doesn't drop. Never had it before, wondering if all the xmas thing is messing it up?
Enyo

Re: Weird "freezing" / lag

Post by Enyo »

Yeah, been experiencing it too, although not consistently. Could be the Christmas stuff, most likely culprit it seems.

I'd rather have the presents than the aesthetic stuff. Maybe remove the Christmas decorations mod and see if it goes away? If it persists then remove the presents. Too bad if it is the cause, I really like the decorations.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Tater

Post by Tater »

Yea I thought it was my side, but it appears to be server related. It was intense on HomeTheater, but it was also happening on the crash map.
Is there any other Christmas decorations on the crashmap besides everyone wearing hats? That's my guess for the weird lag.

I don't want to see the decorations or presents go either, but if they have to they have to :(
pooty

Post by pooty »

If I had to guess its probably the presents...it places them all over the map.... the Santa Hats only end up on statues and players. Lights are static on the trees which I think is low impact.

Found this https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-tou ... time-mutes
"Swapping the Ons Christmas mute out helped and appears to be the culprit."
Going to turn off ONS Christmas mutator and see if that helps.
There's Presents, ONSChristmas (Hats, Wreaths and power core trees), and Christmas Decoration (this one is by Wormbo and his stuff is usually soild).
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Tater might be right now that I think about it. It's constantly generating and removing presents all over the map, so maybe it's causing the split-second freeze when a present appears/disappears.

It seems to take longer for me when joining the server now too. Screen freezes 2 or 3 times for a couple seconds when initially displaying the map right after joining.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

It seems to take longer for me when joining the server now too. Screen freezes 2 or 3 times for a couple seconds when initially displaying the map right after joining.
Yes exactly same here. I've removed the ONSChristmas mutator already. There was an update parameter for presents set at 2 seconds which says it basically checks to see if they need moved -- bizarre IMO, since another say keep them in place for 30s. I changed the first to 15 seconds. So between those two lets see if it helps. If not I'll keep removing the Christmas mutators.