2 things I would love to see.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: 2 things I would love to see.

Post by pooty »

Pooty, Even Match was definitely not doing the 140s delay on rebalancing the same player. I know in the last two weeks I got switched 4 times between teams within a couple minutes.
Yep.

We also have UAdminMod on there that does similar things: https://gist.github.com/mGm-Lizard/a695 ... f56fb2dc52
I think it might be doing the balancing instead...might want to turn that one off and let evenmatch do it.

So my change below might not have done anything. I'll have to dig into it further.. I will have to read up and likely make more than one change which will have to get tested out... which means I'll need to be on during peak times to test it (can't test it with bots).
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:35 am ...
Not actually true, this works after the match is over... while still spectating (don't disconnect), go to the server menu list and double click the Omni server like you're joining for the first time. It will immediately switch you to a live player instead of a spectator. You can even vote on the next map.
It's not "immediate". For me, it's a 30 second procedure.

Switching from spectator to join through server menu.
1. Return to the main server menu. Double left click on OMNI2.0. Or right click menu dropdown.
2. The server loads the map again. There are some wait steps to get past before I can vote on a map.
3. That white banner animation that drops from top to middle and expands has to finish.

Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Ok, "immediately" is misleading, but for me it's faster than disconnecting manually and rejoining. It definitely is not taking 30 sec for me though.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain