RIP old Omni forum

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

RIP old Omni forum

Post by McLovin »

https://omni.insanelabs.net/

I'm still hoping it's just a glitch, or somebody didn't pay their hosting fees on time. But it looks like the umbilical cord has been cut for good. I never made a backup of the old server, so all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

pooty

Re: RIP old Omni server

Post by pooty »

The old server is still up.. but the Old Forum is down. Hopefully it comes back up.
McLovin

Re: RIP old Omni forum

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:55 pm The old server is still up.. but the Old Forum is down. Hopefully it comes back up.
If it comes back up, let me know via msg. I'll release the web-crawler on it to make an admin backup.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I copied and pasted all the tips and tricks from that one thread. It'd be a bummer to lose all that reference info related to modding.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I got an email from Q, apparently the server it runs on php version changed thats not compatible with the old (customized) forum software. Its unknow whether it will be put back up.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Almost every December my hosting company harasses me with "your php version is out of date. You can continue using it and pay a support fee starting January. Or upgrade to a newer version and avoid the fee"

My biggest loss from the old forum is that I had PM's with contact information for people that arent on the new forum.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:26 pm I got an email from Q, apparently the server it runs on php version changed thats not compatible with the old (customized) forum software. Its unknow whether it will be put back up.
Ugh. This is truly a huge loss for us. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:06 am
pooty wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:26 pm I got an email from Q, apparently the server it runs on php version changed thats not compatible with the old (customized) forum software. Its unknow whether it will be put back up.
Ugh. This is truly a huge loss for us. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!
Yep, sucks, but I had a feeling Q wasn't gonna put much effort into keeping it up based on how the transition went. At least we have this forum to continue the legacy. And the old forum isn't completely lost, you can still see a large chunk of the content on web.archive.org.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:48 am ...
And the old forum isn't completely lost, you can still see a large chunk of the content on web.archive.org.
I looked there but I didn't find anything. What URL are you using to see chunks of it?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Just entered omnipotents.com. Archive goes all the way back to early 2000s
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain