RIP old Omni forum

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: RIP old Omni forum

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:45 pm Just entered omnipotents.com. Archive goes all the way back to early 2000s
Nicely. I got the April 10, 2021 crawl to work. http://web.archive.org/web/202110010000 ... otents.com

Too bad the protected part of the forum is inaccessible. That was a gold mine of valuable info. Some drama in there too, maybe it's a good thing that the drama is buried for good.

I'm going to do a crawl of my own. Maybe find a place to host it for safekeeping. Could we host it here?
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

Enyo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:45 pm Just entered omnipotents.com. Archive goes all the way back to early 2000s
Good thinking!
BTW lots of great stuff on the wayback machine :)
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Well shit! I've gone back through the archives from the last one Dec 20, 2021 through Jan 4, 2019 so far, and still nothing of value. I'll keep searching. 105 archives in total, about 100 more to go.

http://web.archive.org/web/201911010000 ... otents.com

I'm trying to drill into the Onslaught sub forum, where most of our threads would be archived.

forum
forum.omnipotents.com/index.php
Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught > Sorry for the absence > NOT ARCHIVED
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'm going to do a crawl of my own. Maybe find a place to host it for safekeeping. Could we host it here?
We did offer.., but No. There was other content on there that Q didn't want "elsewhere" and there really wasn't a way to seperate it out. He offered to host a read only copy instead...which now seems to be problematic.