Who were your most loved/hated Omni players?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Who were your most loved/hated Omni players?

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:26 am
DrScrotey wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:47 pm ...
I liked the hitsounds since my ping was crap and it was the only way I could find the lead for aiming to hit raptors.
Hitsounds? I kind of like them myself. What was our take on implementing these, I forgot why we vetoed it.
I think there was some sort of conflict or issue between the mod that runs hit sounds and something else we're running on the server. I could be wrong, pooty would know better.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

DrScrotey wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:47 pm Hitsounds? I kind of like them myself. What was our take on implementing these, I forgot why we vetoed it.
Its pretty awful with several vehicles... notably the bio tank, fire tank and I think the levis/krakens etc. With the bio and fire they do extended damage and the hit sound becomes constant and annoying. After round or two most wanted it turned off.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:49 am
DrScrotey wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:47 pm Hitsounds? I kind of like them myself. What was our take on implementing these, I forgot why we vetoed it.
Its pretty awful with several vehicles... notably the bio tank, fire tank and I think the levis/krakens etc. With the bio and fire they do extended damage and the hit sound becomes constant and annoying. After round or two most wanted it turned off.
Hitsounds are nice. If you are a freon / Tam / DM player; you'll understand the benefit of hitsounds. In ONS, they work great if you are shooting a flyer or vehicle with shock, LG, Twin Beam from a hellbender, or a Centaur type turret, Rail Tank, goliath; but anything else would be over kill and annoying af. It would be nice if you are in a Hurricane or Leviathan / Tiamat / Kraken / Shocker / Hospitaler / Pallas and shoot the homing missiles and the enemy goes around the corner of a building or wall and hearing the hitsounds to know if your missiles still hit them. But other than that, they would become annoying in ONS play.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Hated = Kronix.

The dude is either high or drunk and spams the voice channel with nonsense 80 % of the time.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Super Sanka wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:06 pm Hated = Kronix.

The dude is either high or drunk and spams the voice channel with nonsense 80 % of the time.
Back in the day, Kronix went by the nick Yoyoma. And sure he was a toxic dick back then.
But he has left those days behind. Sure, he criticizes his team's performance when they do stupid stuff, but I think it is helpful and accurate. I'm glad to have him on my team.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

He'll criticize his team, yet have one of the lowest scores :lol:. He also plays freon so for that I give him respect. He's a good player when he tries.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:24 am He'll criticize his team, yet have one of the lowest scores :lol:. He also plays freon so for that I give him respect. He's a good player when he tries.
And he never talks while playing freon. He often liked to criticize me while I was playing on OMNI. Had he done that on HoC, I'd give him the boot. But surprisingly he has been quiet while playing freon. Maybe it's because he realizes that I'm an admin?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:24 am He'll criticize his team, yet have one of the lowest scores :lol:. He also plays freon so for that I give him respect. He's a good player when he tries.
Yeah just last night he was trying to cut as best he could. Calling me a dumbass and fucking idiot and all that stuff... meanwhile I was the top player on the winning team while he finished with a cool 30 pts. I think we have a few neckbeard types on this server who need a place to vent, and unfortunately we all get to hear it.

Like I get it when you want to say something like "you guys are playing like shit" or whatever, but when it's a direct pointed insult at a single person i.e. "you're a fucking idiot" that's when I start thinking about logging into the admin console.
pooty

Post by pooty »

, but when it's a direct pointed insult at a single person
Sometimes its deserved. There's a few players who generally screw around or waste vehicles/nukes/linknukes and need to be told. Its one thing when you try a strategy or it just doesn't work out, but say if you repeatedly waste the link nuke, you might get a directed earful. And its fine when its about the game vs. any kind of personal thing.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:06 am
, but when it's a direct pointed insult at a single person
Sometimes its deserved. There's a few players who generally screw around or waste vehicles/nukes/linknukes and need to be told. Its one thing when you try a strategy or it just doesn't work out, but say if you repeatedly waste the link nuke, you might get a directed earful. And its fine when its about the game vs. any kind of personal thing.
Nah I disagree. No excuse for that kind of shit. Call me a wuss. You can call people out without hurling insults.