Who were your most loved/hated Omni players?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Who were your most loved/hated Omni players?

Post by McLovin »

They are all ghosts in our memories now. This isn't a hate-list. It's a who taught us the most for good or bad. Add your stories, fire-at-will.

1. Paminator
2. Lagzilla
3. GTKY
4. TechStyle
5. Binger
6. Sarge

For example: Back when my nick was 'Just-A-Gurl', Pam chastised the hell out of me for taking the Mino the wrong way. "How else they gonna learn what to do."

I'm all for strict-father-rule, something we are accused of doing too much. But it's a necessary teaching-moment, IMHO.

pooty

Re: Who were your most loved/hated Omni players?

Post by pooty »

Martian - very Rodger like player, loved to wait for you to build a node and then steal your ride.
Dimshade - Always sniping/killing you from far away...a bit of a MAS master too.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I still have hope for Sarge and Binger to come back someday. It was always a pleasure to play with them. Learned a lot from both of them.

TechStyle - He was the classic Jersey bad-boy. His time was short but he delivered some of the biggest insults my virgin ears have ever heard when he raged on others. I would have to stop playing because I was either scared to death he might be bitching at me or falling out of my chair laughing my ass off.

Lagzilla - Even tho I would get so annoyed with his critiques, he was one of the best mappers we ever had. When ever I got to kill him, which wasn't often because he was so good, it would give me joy, LOL

GTKY - Too many stories to tell. I still want to make a sound collection of his sayings. Will need to excavate through Colbye's vids to retrieve them and make sound snippets zounds style.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

The best and most vociferous player back when I started online in 2009 was PastorofMuppets. I haven't seen him in years, although I don't play everyday. He was always telling people to suck a bag of dicks. That was when my name was "Wyoming".
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ah yes I remember Pastor and there was also JimmyTheDentist (who I believe wasn't really a dentist). They were on DW all the time back in the day.
FuzzySlippers

Post by FuzzySlippers »

TechStyle was only person I banned on voice chat. Take it for what you will. :)
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

pooty wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:49 pm Ah yes I remember Pastor and there was also JimmyTheDentist (who I believe wasn't really a dentist). They were on DW all the time back in the day.
Ah yes JimmyTheDentist too, I remember. I started on DW, I liked the hitsounds since my ping was crap and it was the only way I could find the lead for aiming to hit raptors. My first friend over there, Hyden, said I'd be a turncoat if I left DW for omni.
Didn't you say he had enough of omni (i.e. enyo) :/
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

DrScrotey wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:47 pm Ah yes JimmyTheDentist too, I remember. I started on DW, I liked the hitsounds since my ping was crap and it was the only way I could find the lead for aiming to hit raptors. My first friend over there, Hyden, said I'd be a turncoat if I left DW for omni.
Didn't you say he had enough of omni (i.e. enyo) :/
Good old Hyden... yeah, I think he got a little butt hurt when I admonished him repeatedly for using the game as his personal chat room and essentially not playing. Now, he uses the CEONSS server as his personal chat room. They seem to be willing to tolerate it, but they have a lot of chat spammers since voice comms are turned off.

Hyden is probably the most prolific game chat spammer in the history of UT, while doubling as his team's official boat anchor. CEONSS can have him.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

DrScrotey wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:47 pm ...
I liked the hitsounds since my ping was crap and it was the only way I could find the lead for aiming to hit raptors.
Hitsounds? I kind of like them myself. What was our take on implementing these, I forgot why we vetoed it.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

Enyo wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:58 am Hyden is probably the most prolific game chat spammer in the history of UT, while doubling as his team's official boat anchor. CEONSS can have him.
Looking back, this is the reason I got to talking with him. I had to chat due to a combination of idiocy (tried plugging in my mic setup wrong, couldn't get it to work for years - Vmoda M-100 accessory), and mic fright.

Speaking of old players was jwurmz on omni?