Are you a rage-quitter?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums

What do you do when your team is losing it?

Naw. I'll play my heart out whether my team is hopelessly losing. It's the honorable thing to do.
63%
I'm out of here, cyas losers. I have better things to do. All ya had to do was the minimum.
25%
Nope, I'm a gonna sandbag until this map is over.
13%

Total votes: 8

McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Are you a rage-quitter?

Post by McLovin »

What do you do when your team is losing it?

Even lower than rage quitting is rage spectating and critiquing your former team for doing so poorly.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Are you a rage-quitter?

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

No, I actively try not to. Too many games won in the last minute.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

You left out an "All of the above depending if Xexx and Leon are on the same team" option.
FuzzySlippers

Post by FuzzySlippers »

What I do is actually between the first two options, as long as people aren't being total dicks*. I try not to leave during a round, if at all possible. If I'm on a hopeless team and I want to leave, I'll finish the round. Just before the next round happens, I will leave the team. Rarely, I will sandbag for the last 30 seconds of a round-- only if it's clearly hopeless (no nodes, etc.). I'll drive around beeping a horn or something.

*EXCEPTION: I only rage when people are in dick mode, e.g. the teams are obviously off at the start and the enemy team intentionally sandbags to avoid a mulligan. If that's the case, someone from the enemy can gladly take my spot on my team when I and others leave mid round. This is discourage this lack of sportsmanship. Be a dick, risk getting switched to the losing team. Lesson: don't be a dick. If the teams are uneven, just end it... I'm fine with that.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

infinitecat wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:32 pm You left out an "All of the above depending if Xexx and Leon are on the same team" option.
You can vote for all 3 options. Or only 1, or 2.

The poll is anonymous. I can't see who voted for what.
Provert

Post by Provert »

I won't sandbag as I hate it when others do it, but I'll leave if the team is shit and I've had a bad day already. This game, and the server, are my little bar after work to decompress. I've dealt with idiots who shouldn't be allowed to breed all day so I don't want to come here and have to deal with the same.

Same goes for constant unbalanced teams. I'll deal with a map or two of enyo/leon/xexx/sk/etc against the rest, but I'm out after the third or fourth map of that.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

With the mulligan in play now, sandbagging really should be a bigger offense than it is. Instead of switching to the winning team, douches sandbag and stay on the winning team. If the result is the same, the punishment should be too.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

I've meant to "sandbag" before (if you'd call it sandbagging when team has no nodes and low core), but I can't manage even when loss is inevitable (or do you think it's never inevitable? i.e. name it and claim it). It's Pavlovian, if I've joined I have to shoot stuff. Although I do screw around on Tricky from time to time.
Freeze tag over on HoC seems very disciplined on team balancing/joining, so that has rubbed off on me.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

DrScrotey wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:30 pm I've meant to "sandbag" before (if you'd call it sandbagging when team has no nodes and low core), but I can't manage even when loss is inevitable (or do you think it's never inevitable? i.e. name it and claim it). It's Pavlovian, if I've joined I have to shoot stuff. Although I do screw around on Tricky from time to time.
Freeze tag over on HoC seems very disciplined on team balancing/joining, so that has rubbed off on me.
Thank you. I'm one of the admins over there and we can personally switch players to opposite teams to balance the teams. The balancer isn't perfect, but it does a decent job. Where we run into issues is when people join during the game, and we have to adjust the teams. If it's an 8-8 game and someone joins, I move them back to spectate and they will have to sit until the next map. We try to make them even as possible but that is not always the case. Honestly, it's not. You'll never get a perfect balance map / game play.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

These results are the direct opposite of what I observe on the server.

Meaning: The people replying to this poll are not representative of real life. The survey sample is too small.

For example:
1. 90% of drivers think they are better than 90% of the drivers on the road.
2. 90% of college professors thought they were above average teachers.
3. Out of 800,000 high school students, only 1% thought their social skills were below average.

This is known as illusory superiority or better known as the Lake Wobegon Effect, (Dunning-Kruger effect). And don't get me started about religious/political correctness and moral piety, LOL