General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Tater

Post by Tater »

Didn't know where to stick this, so created a new thread

Does linking vehicles give points? I watched ManBearPig link an on-fire levi to max health (while in link tank) and wasn't rewarded any points for it... doesn't seem right. No points for linking empty vehicles makes sense, but no points for linking teammate occupied vehicles?
Maybe it's just the link tank?
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Points

Post by captainsnarf »

There are no points given for healing vehicles.

The ONSPlus mutator that is running will give points for healing vehicles, but it only works for the 8 stock vehicles. Those are pretty hard to find on the omni server, so Pooty turned that feature off to keep it from messing with scoring.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Virtue is its own reward, Tater.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So the ONSPlusmutator is configured like this:

Code: Select all

bNodeHealScoreFix=True
bVehicleHealScore=False
HealValueScore=50.00000
bVehicleDamageScore=False
DamageValueScore=400.000000
bPallyShieldScore=False
PallyValueScore=200.000000
bNodeIsolateBonus=True
IsolateBonusPctPerNode=25
You get shared points for linking nodes, not for healing. Here's the rub, I am not 100% on the vehicle heal score is just stock vehicles (Scorpion, Goliath, HellBender)...as it is for the damage scoring (which in the case of the mino blasting foot soldiers you get way extra points..).

It also is determined by the ONSPlusLinkGun....so the way it works its the ONSPlusMutator replaces the stock link gun with its link gun that enables the scoring. That does mean that other link vehicles, link tanks, badgers, wraith, goatsuckers etc. will NOT give points for healing, since they aren't using the ONSPlusLinkGun.

We would have to rewrite ONSPlus and/or the vehicles to handle the link scoring, as well as damage and shield scoring (shield scoring if that's turned on, you guessed it only works for stock Paladin, not Aegis, Crusader, or Turtle).

Would it be great to have all that extra scoring consistenly enabled? Yes. How much coding work is it for the Omni Staff, not sure, there's a bunch of code to change/test on nearly 100 vehicles. (I realize some are more used than others). Might be worth a poll. I'd hate to spend 40+ hours on it to find it has marginal value.
Lehi

Post by Lehi »

I like the “virtue is it’s own reward” comment. Good players in healthy vehicles help my team win. And it seems everyone is willing to heal a teammate. I’m more for scores to be offensive measures. The better..smarter shooters will have the big scores. I wouldn’t spend the time Pooty
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

When I looked at the code for ONSPlus, I recall the vehicle heal scoring worked by the mutator replacing the stock vehicles with 'onsplus' versions, similar to the link gun. That's why I'm pretty sure it only worked for stock vehicles. I could be wrong of course. There is a lot of code in that mutator and I might have missed something.
Tater

Post by Tater »

pooty wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:13 am We would have to rewrite ONSPlus and/or the vehicles to handle the link scoring, as well as damage and shield scoring (shield scoring if that's turned on, you guessed it only works for stock Paladin, not Aegis, Crusader, or Turtle).
Gotcha, that's too bad. Nothing is worth hours of coding for this game, especially being nearly 2 decades old.
Won't stop me from linking up things though, esp mino.