ALL PLEASE READ: Possible cheat/hacks...

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: ALL PLEASE READ: Possible cheat/hacks...

Post by pooty »

I also know you both personally do not like xexx so I have to take that bias into account.
I will clarify this. I've never said I don't like Xexx. We clearly disagree on several topics (in the off topic section), and sometimes his play is annoying (even if effective) -- doesn't mean I don't like him personally or have any axe to grind. Even if I did harbor a dislike for him, it wouldn't affect being impartial here.. And best course is the events are explainable, or they "magically" stop.. and we can focus on playing.

As Enyo stated many of us admins spent lots of time specing/recording ( You haven't seen all of them, just some highlights) various players including Xexx, Leon, SK10, Tater, Nautikal, Ebno, Enyo (yes even watched him to see if he had similar events), YEAAHH, Spoon etc. All are effective players and only a select few show the same type of "lag events" repeatedly.. and that's why we've put it to the community vs. just taking unilateral action.

That being said, if any of our players get caught with known cheats you will be banned no warning, as I said I banned a player today for it. They weren't a regular, but they've played for a few days.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

edit:double post
Last edited by Xexx on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

I have not ever used a lag switch, nor do I believe much of what you showed can be accomplished by a lag switch. I think 85% of what you're showing is selection bias which can and does happen with anyone if observed long enough. You literally have all your extra settings turned down (and/or maybe terrible compression on the video) and are displaying known issues with low priority animations in the game while continually adding all these bad performing vehicles with terrible hit boxes to an engine that can't support them. Jumping from flyers onto the mino is notorious at causing the mino driver to lose position of the player momentarily after exit, I did absolutely nothing but exit the bomber to land on the railings of the bridge, whether it was the explosion animation, bad performance on your PC, or whether it's the very common occurrence that is observed much of the time with the hammerhead, I can't say. Probably a combination of all.

Avrils are also notorious at losing lock when you have an enemy incoming at an angle, not to mention the whole point of hitting the ground and bouncing back behind the block wall was to break line of sight. I switched to the wraith secondary seat because I thought the red manta was an enemy, but the wraith alt fire didn't autoaim onto it because he was friendly and he was literally burning the guy with the avril so it's a little ridiculous to claim that he wasn't momentarily distracted from me enough to look away and then aim again, which did kill me. The beam also doesn't show often on my computer either, and presumably others, which is why it's deadly when hiding in shadows.
While I have continually pointed out the worsening performance, hitbox issues on the new flyers and mechs, more stuff just gets stuffed in every map and the situation worsens.

To your credit, I will say that my network situation is unique and definitely not in any way optimal for FPS gameplay. I've used the same 2 ISPs (Both wireless point to point using Ubiquiti M5 radios) and am connecting to a wireless tower with a fiber backbone over 3 miles away. My current ISP since around 2019 is https://www.linxusinternet.com/ but I have used the same 2 since the beginning of playing this game.

Unfortunately, fixed wireless internet suffers from over subscription, especially during peak times and slower speeds. My current setup is max 35Mbps and shared between 3 homes on this property I rent out (Internet is installed on the main house on the hill, which is above the tree line for Line of sight) and buried ethernet feeds the other two which are below the treel ine and can't get internet. I have a careful line I have to tread, limiting all users in 3 houses in my network on a measly 35Mbps connection, along with distinguishing internal network issues from external. I have no access to my external ISP wireless radio mounted on the roof, so all I can do is complain to my ISP when the issues are particularly bad. I do often suffer from packetloss which negatively affects ME and causes lagging off edges especially. My connection can literally be interrupted by interference from any devices around the 5GHz range, and I don't have access to the spectrum analyzer to see if something is wrong, only the ISP does (though I do experience the effects of packetloss, jitter, or bad ping) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc47pkUsLe8 explains more about what I'm talking about)

Because of this, the only way to sometimes fix packetloss or bad connection is to reboot the radio so that it hopefully gets a channel that doesn't have any interference and/or wait for network performance to improve after peak usage. This works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. Other times I just play around it or quit and wait for a better time to play.
If it happens consistently, I'll submit a ticket like this one to my ISP to check, which IMO, could describe some of that in the videos: Image
[/quote]
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I posted a long winded response to the admins but for the most part agree with tater. If Xexx is on an ISP that has some packet loss then that also explains some things.

I know I can be naive but I have a hard time believing any of us grumpy old men would want to cheat in this ancient game. I've never really cheated at games so I don't really understand the motivation though so what do I know.
Tater

Post by Tater »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:33 pm I posted a long winded response to the admins but for the most part agree with tater. If Xexx is on an ISP that has some packet loss then that also explains some things.

I know I can be naive but I have a hard time believing any of us grumpy old men would want to cheat in this ancient game. I've never really cheated at games so I don't really understand the motivation though so what do I know.
I remember one of the last times I was on, Donuts said something along the lines of "How do you aim that good with 13 packet losses Tater?"
Thought it was funny, I don't honestly even know what that means, much less how he is monitoring my packet loss lol.

I'm also naive. I like to believe players aren't hacking before assuming they are, because I've been on the end (and continue to be) of being accused of hacking. It's very possible they are hacking... but from my experience + knowledge of the game, I would assume that Xexx and Leon (especially Leon) are not hacking / using a lag-switch.
If they are, they suck at using it when fighting me ;)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Donuts said something along the lines of "How do you aim that good with 13 packet losses Tater?"
Thought it was funny, I don't honestly even know what that means, much less how he is monitoring my packet loss lol.
He's running a bitcoin mining op on your rig. Seriously though you can see p/l I think on the scoreboard, but usually p/l is intermittent, so its not usually constantly dropping bits.
If they are, they suck at using it when fighting me
lolz.

I will also add, that we've stepped up the client side checking and leon/xexx aren't reporting any strange UT classes or MD5 hash discrepancies.
leon

Post by leon »

• It’s not an excuse. Just some thoughts and facts. I don’t wonna excuse for this Sh…
• Don’t be mad at me if I write something wrong to you or make some grammar mistakes. I still learning English and I still love any UT players even Joe.
• Anytime, anybody can come to my house and check what I am doing, check my loptop, put some cameras, even count my money under the mattress. The only rule is you have to drink alcohol. And be prepared to die, I’m fucking russian. And that’s seriously. You guys are IT. And probably have some friends here in Tampa Bay. You or your friends can come and see what’s going on.
• I can’t say better than Xexx said and especially Tater. Thank you guys. (https://youtu.be/bKsreHMX3xE - some ppl should still learning). I couldn’t explained Nevermore but the smartest Tater did it. It’s impossible to kill Chupa with primary weapons and I used second seats with right button. I go up, right button, down, switch to first seat, up and then second seat and right button again but I failed….
• Red planet. I was in falcon fighting with dragon, moving fast and try to be under. And I don’t understand how you could lock me from primary node when I was far behind the meddle. Tater sad it was so far and Avril couldn’t lock me in same spots because I was moving in different directions.
• Dria. Enyo, you are much better player than me, more experienced(sorry I forgot who started playing ut first) and you put here this bs evidences? You said I locked, I locked but then you lost tracking then you locked me again but it was too late. Guppy is very fast almost like bolt. And it hard to lock it with avril. But I still love playing with you because (you are not polite) but very good player, much better than me (sorry Tater, you’re better and sorry somebody else). And guys if I or Xexx would cheating we would never use the same nicknames all times. Cheaters change the names all times, like Pooty said he just banned some cheaters who played just several hours.
• Dria again. Enyo said I’m a lag switcher because I was still alive after computer said I’m dead (green messages buttom left). If you download this clip you will see that it was just milliseconds, and was hard to understand what’s is going on. I watched this yours movie Enyo and and Nevermore yours movie and now I can say we have some more lag switchers including Enyo (I’m not serious but it refuse all these bs evidences).
Computer said you died but as we see you still alive
And that guy lag switcher too??? (it's all from your video)
• When I started playing I didn’t have internet I played from phone (verizon unlimited) it was suck plus I barely saw players on my 14 inch notebook because I had vision problems, after two months I had first than second cataract surgery, after first month playing I bought cable and now I have pretty good speed around 400 and I’m ok now. The only problem I have is my 2014 notebook I wrote down about that in some thread. I don’t know if it’s problem for gaming. Happy New Year and welcome to my house to check my "cheating" settings but don’t forget 2 liters of vodka (BTW Termi my first UT friend on FB, and I like how we are doing together. He’s fucking American and I’m fucking russian from Ukraine, I like him). You don’t believe me but I was burn in the ussr, around 240 million ppl in 1966, and now I knew that Shadow and I from same city, f. unbelievable.
If I had IT skills and good hardware I would crash all these zero based evidences. It's sad when someone blame you what you never did
leon

Post by leon »

Red planet not under... above, sorry grammar mistake.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Happy New Year and welcome to my house to check my "cheating" settings but don’t forget 2 liters of vodka
Might just take you up on that, my sister lives in Bradenton... lol. :D

Thanks for your explanation Leon. We didn't (still don't) want to ban anyone, but we have a duty to the community to make sure things are on the up and up. And at least be able to quiet Joe, and his hax complaints (among others).

We (admins) are going to dig into this a bit more on the technical side and work to verify this.
Tater

Post by Tater »

leon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:21 pm The only rule is you have to drink alcohol. And be prepared to die, I’m fucking russian.
Ha!! :lol: