Skins?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Skins?

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Do we want to go there? Or would that make the server too spammy or glitchy? Maybe skins for forum members only so encourage people to get in here?

https://unrealarchive.org/skins/unreal- ... index.html
Last edited by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH on Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McLovin

Re: Skins?

Post by McLovin »

When I played the sniper servers I had an all-black stealth skin. It was awesome, especially on a dark map where I could sneak around in the corners. I miss playing those servers. But it wasn't relaxing at all and very stressful. You had to keep your head on a swivel and you never knew where the next shot was coming from. Sniper servers take a bit of patience but are so fun. People don't know how to play them well. They would stand out in the open. I'd always find the high ground and stay low and constantly scan the horizon and wait for movement. When I came to Omni, the skin stopped working.
Tater

Post by Tater »

LOL
some of those are... interesting
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

McLovin wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:03 am When I played the sniper servers I had an all-black stealth skin. It was awesome, especially on a dark map where I could sneak around in the corners. I miss playing those servers. But it wasn't relaxing at all and very stressful. You had to keep your head on a swivel and you never knew where the next shot was coming from. Sniper servers take a bit of patience but are so fun. People don't know how to play them well. They would stand out in the open. I'd always find the high ground and stay low and constantly scan the horizon and wait for movement. When I came to Omni, the skin stopped working.
Yeah I used to play sniper servers too. They were a fun idea but it was rare to play humans.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Not sure what the effect would be on the server. And you'd have to have them both locally and on the server... so we'd have to manage that. I like the idea that forum members can have custom skin though.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:47 pm Do we want to go there? Or would that make the server too spammy or glitchy? Maybe skins for forum members only so encourage people to get in here?

https://unrealarchive.org/skins/unreal- ... index.html
I'd rather have the Bright Skins, or whatever that's called where it makes enemies and friendlies much brighter. It's easier to tell them apart from a distance and eliminates any terrain camo effect some current skins benefit from, especially on dark backgrounds.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:15 am ...
They were a fun idea but it was rare to play humans.
I can't imagine playing bots, that sounds boring and impossible to play.

One server I really liked had a radar scope. Many places on the maps had hidden spaces where the enemy could hide behind a fake wall etc, but the sniper radar scope would activate anyways if you had line-of-sight to them even when they were hidden. It was hella-fun.

Another tactic that was useful, was to only pop your head up long enough to do a scan of the area and then quickly scootch down out-of-sight. It was super creepy and scary.

Imagine the terror shock you get when you receive a head-shot for just the moment you pop your head up. Or the glee you feel when you head-shot somebody else because you already scouted their position, LOL
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

We'd have to choose skins that have team colors for it to work . Too many people play for it to be every color!
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

So would having these lag up the server? I found some gundam wing ones that look sick!
pooty

Post by pooty »

I wouldn't think so unless they were really poorly drawn.