Team Balancing/Specing/Switching..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
COLDCUT

Team Balancing/Specing/Switching..

Post by COLDCUT »

poof
Last edited by COLDCUT on Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Spectating to force team switching..

Post by McLovin »

COLDCUT wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:02 pm if the game is seconds from over and i am switched i just quit , i spent a lot of effort to make sure the team I'm switched to looses
I agree and call BS on people that type teams in the last moments of a game. I've seen it many times, and even tho they might think they are contributing, it just pisses people off even more to where they leave.
Provert

Post by Provert »

That happened to me one night last week. Literally 20 secs from the end of the match. I don't know if they just look at the timer when they do it or what. Is there a way to turn that off for say the last minute? Whatever that translates into for points left on he core? I know the core drains according to the number of nodes a team has, but I would think we could come up with something.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Provert wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:50 am ...
Is there a way to turn that off for say the last minute?
I second this idea. If it's easy enough for the code masters, snarf and pooty, to figure out how to implement it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Last minute is relative. Once in OT core drain is approximately 10 pts a minute. So if the core is down to say 10-15 points no "teams" this potentially could be disastrous on some maps, like MB where lets say its 25 - 10, and that additional player might help get the tub up and core hits to win. There's an equal argument that with ability to get core hits even with 60 seconds left, if I am on the shorter team, I want that extra player.

Yes it kinda sucks getting switched to a losing team, but I think its just as bad as being on losing/short team and not getting additional players.

Does getting the dub really mean that much?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's more work than it sounds, since the teams chat command is handled by UAdminMod not EvenMatchOmni. We would need our own version of UAdminMod too if we wanted to mod it.
Provert

Post by Provert »

It makes players quit.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Quitting as in "I just got switched that sucks, so I quit" or "my team is short 3 players and it sucks so I quit" or "stupid balancer, I quit" or "I am sick of Tater not dying and can't balance teams, I quit" or "Enyo was mean to me, I quit" or "This map sucks, I quit" or "Hax everywhere, I quit"?

Point being, there's IS going to be rounds where you win and you lose. "Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield". The tools and such on here try to balance things as best as it can be done. It will never cover everything. If someone has a hard time understanding the need to keep the teams number balanced idk to what to say...it happens and should give every team a chance.

Case in point, last night on Nevermore, during the last round, we had a decent lead, it was about 15 - 3 in core points. The losing team made a huge push and actually got the core open when it was 13-1, 12-0 and a couple of hits would have "stolen" the win --- to me that's the case of allowing "teams" anytime -- on many maps, its not over to the bitter end.

I'm not sure what else could be done to keep things fair/even. Its generally why team switching is not allowed. Just play. Heck on MassD last night I joined blue who was getting ass whooped, turned it around and won the round. Got numbers switched to red and boom...had to play that and eventually we won the match for Red. I didn't whine about it like JKT ("Sucks to get switched to the loser team"), and just went out and played. Besides other than the statsDB for bragging rights Wins/Losses are just for fun anyway.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:53 am Quitting as in "I just got switched that sucks, so I quit" or "my team is short 3 players and it sucks so I quit" or "stupid balancer, I quit" or "I am sick of Tater not dying and can't balance teams, I quit" or "Enyo was mean to me, I quit" or "This map sucks, I quit" or "Hax everywhere, I quit"?

Point being, there's IS going to be rounds where you win and you lose. "Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield". The tools and such on here try to balance things as best as it can be done. It will never cover everything. If someone has a hard time understanding the need to keep the teams number balanced idk to what to say...it happens and should give every team a chance.

Case in point, last night on Nevermore, during the last round, we had a decent lead, it was about 15 - 3 in core points. The losing team made a huge push and actually got the core open when it was 13-1, 12-0 and a couple of hits would have "stolen" the win --- to me that's the case of allowing "teams" anytime -- on many maps, its not over to the bitter end.

I'm not sure what else could be done to keep things fair/even. Its generally why team switching is not allowed. Just play. Heck on MassD last night I joined blue who was getting ass whooped, turned it around and won the round. Got numbers switched to red and boom...had to play that and eventually we won the match for Red. I didn't whine about it like JKT ("Sucks to get switched to the loser team"), and just went out and played. Besides other than the statsDB for bragging rights Wins/Losses are just for fun anyway.
As I've stated before, we're all obviously addicted to this game.... so I think there's a bit of "chasing the high" of a really well played even match nail-biter on our favorite maps where you were the pivotal player who won the 45+ minute map at the last second and you crushed your rival and everyone high fived and then the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders showed up at your afterparty.

Unfortunately you're the dude in charge who has to field all the complaints/feedback. Not to mention the bullshit remarks people (who don't even use the forums) make in-game without seeing how much effort goes into making these changes.
pooty

Re: Team Balancing/Specing/Switching..

Post by pooty »

I moved this to general, please don't put general discussion in the Report a Douche section. That's just for reporting bad behavior.