Spectating in a 2x1 game

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Spectating in a 2x1 game

Post by McLovin »

Example of what spectating does to a 2x1 game.

Initial conditions:
Red - 2 players AnKeeDo and Ecmerd, 1 bot
Blue - 1 player reshred, 2 bots

Test case:
1. Red player Ecmerd spectates.

Result:
The server puts reshred from blue on red team.
Red - 2 players AnKeeDo and reshred, 1 bot
Blue - 0 players, 3 bots

https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.co ... match=4526

DON'T DO THIS SHIT! I see it at least 3 times a week.

If I'm going to drop out of a game and spectate, I go back to the main game menu and join spectate.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Spectating in a 2x1 game

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

A bit off topic but I used to command the bots to defend an area, switch teams, then try to slaughter as many as I could. It can be quite a challenge with Godlike bots.

But yeah when this happens in the server, it's pretty much game over. Once you're in this setup I dont think you could switch to the bot team can you? Doesn't it auto-balance you back to the human team?
McLovin

Re: Spectating in a 2x1 game

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:03 pm A bit off topic but I used to command the bots to defend an area, switch teams, then try to slaughter as many as I could. It can be quite a challenge with Godlike bots.
Bot commands are controlled with keyboard menu command v4. Fragster says he has commanded them with his voice. I've played around with them a bit, had them follow me around the map or defend a node. But once you change their configuration, you can never get them back to default, why I don't mess with them much anymore.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:03 pm ...
But yeah when this happens in the server, it's pretty much game over. Once you're in this setup I dont think you could switch to the bot team can you? Doesn't it auto-balance you back to the human team?
I've rarely been able to switch to the empty team with "Change Teams", it seems to switch you, but as soon as you spawn, you are back on the same team again. I have to leave the game and rejoin to get placed on the empty team. The only way I could fix it for AnKeeDo and reshred was to use the shuffle command as admin.