Where did they go?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Anonymous.

Re: Where did they go?

Post by Anonymous. »

The old omni server didn't use mutators which meant it wasn't hidden by the standard servers filter that's enabled by default.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Anonymous. wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:27 pm The old omni server didn't use mutators which meant it wasn't hidden by the standard servers filter that's enabled by default.
Yeah I think a lot of people miss this. I know I did back in the day. My mind was blown when I unchecked that unsuspecting little box in the corner.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Anonymous. wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:27 pm The old omni server didn't use mutators which meant it wasn't hidden by the standard servers filter that's enabled by default.
Yes it did. It used several, most of them I think were whitelisted (Antitcc, Uadminmod, onsplus, Evenmatch). We have some updates to those now....not sure what it takes to be a "standard" server
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Speaking of the old server, is it completely down for good now? I just realized I no longer see it in my favs list and I don't see it in the full server listing.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's still up. 208.79.234.80:9000
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

pooty wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:56 pm Yes it did. It used several, most of them I think were whitelisted (Antitcc, Uadminmod, onsplus, Evenmatch). We have some updates to those now....not sure what it takes to be a "standard" server
Most of them definitely were whitelisted, and for the longest time it passed as a standard server, but I don't know when that changed.
Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 »

The class names are checked, not the filenames or what is in it. So your updates to evenmatch usw are fine. The two new mutators are not withelisted.
The "standard server" check is, in my opinion, also not the best what they could have done. It's a bit unnoticeable down there. =D
. If you want to keep the mutators, but also want the whitelist, you could rename the classname (not the filename) to a mutator which is whitelisted. That should be fine, as long you don't have that one running or implemented in a map. And may not the game default mutators.
But the serverbrowser, or the master server, is a bit of a mess after the movement to the new one anyway. It sometimes shows also DM and others on ONS, als multiply versions of the servers. And also non standard servers as standard. =)
snarf.JPG
snarf.JPG (117.58 KiB) Viewed 2885 times
pooty

Post by pooty »

Thanks. Yes, I noticed the master server is still screwy. I am not sure how many people that would drive to the server anyway, if it'd be worth renaming the mutators...
Tater

Post by Tater »

Enyo wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:38 pm How do you like Elden Ring? Seems pretty cool and different from other RPG games. You recommend it?
Late / off-topic reply:

EH... I'm enjoying Elden Ring right now, but it has a hell of a learning curve. I'm not a big fan of RPG's, but I have a buddy who's into the Dark Souls/ Demon's Souls games so he helped me learn a lot. I could only recommend if you're into the Souls series or have experience with RPG's (or know somebody who's played it before). It is a lot to handle for sure.
pooty

Post by pooty »

it has a hell of a learning curve.
That's exactly what makes UT2004 so nice, very little to learn vs. many new games. Its great they are complex and all that, but it shouldn't feel like work...