Hardest Character models to hit

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Super Sanka

Hardest Character models to hit

Post by Super Sanka »

For some reason I find some characters models harder to hit than others but they aren't your typical "small" models. The skaarj and mechanized skaarj always throw my aim off..especially in a mid to long range sr/lg battle. Anyone else observe this phenomenon?

Just incase you do I might just switch over to the dark side.

Hello clanlord my old friend :twisted:
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Hardest Character models to hit

Post by Enyo »

As far as I understand, all player skins have the exact same hit box and move exactly the same way. I heard someone say once certain characters felt heavier or lighter with their movements, particularly with dodge jumps. I think it's a mental projection we as humans put on certain characters because of how they look.

To answer your question, no, I don't find certain player skins harder to hit than others. Some players are just harder to hit than others, and some of them use the skins you mentioned. Again, maybe because of those players, it's just your perception.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Oddjob is the hardest to hit.

Come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't be playing with as the guy wearing a full white suit and a tall golden pope hat and an obnoxiously long, all-caps name. Maybe that stands out a bit...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:56 pm As far as I understand, all player skins have the exact same hit box and move exactly the same way.
I would have agreed with this, but after working on the mechs I don't think its true. Some skins are harder to hit.

They aren't skins per say. They are different meshes each with unique collision. Depending on what hits you, the game uses either the mesh or cylinder collision for hit detection. Everyone's cylinders are the same but the meshes are all different. Generally the meshes in the same packages have the same collision. Shockatron and Rocketron both come from the Bot package. Snipertron and Biotron come from the Xan package. They are all slightly different sizes. Oh and for hit detection, explosions and projectiles use the cylinder. Hit scan weapons use the mesh.

They also have their own animation sets. Not all skins do a cartwheel when you dodge jump. This may or may not be easier to hit.

If I cared and was that competitive, the Enigma/Matrix model is the smallest and I believe hardest to hit.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I use the dot crosshair as well for precision..maybe that is the reason. What's different about the Mekkor model snarf? After doing godlike bot matches against them my accuracy drops by around 15 % against Mekkor and Skrillax everytime
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Super Sanka wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:13 am I use the dot crosshair as well for precision..maybe that is the reason. What's different about the Mekkor model snarf? After doing godlike bot matches against them my accuracy drops by around 15 % against Mekkor and Skrillax everytime
No idea :) They aren't bots so I didn't look at those meshes. You can tell by looking at them though. If one looks fat and the other skinny, the fat one will be easier to hit with hitscan weapons since there is more 'mesh' to hit.

If you want to improve your skills, jump on the House of Carpe DM server. Say hi to termi, dimshade, josie, and everyone else accused of cheating. If you want to camp the tank in the magic spot, stay here ;)
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I play on there when it's up :D. I only game from 9pm -onward tho. HoC pretty chill people. I switched crosshairs and it made a positive impact.