What is your age bracket?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums

What is your age bracket?

No votes
No votes
13%
29%
17%
29%
13%
No votes
80..RIP
No votes

Total votes: 24

trans_lux
Server Sponsor: Yes

Re: What is your age bracket?

Post by trans_lux »

53 going on 18 or 80-depends on the day....
As they say, it's the miles, not the years that count.
I wish someone would have driven home the fact that you only get one body at an early age.
Countless broken & fractured bones and concussions take their toll.
I raced pro-motocross as a kid and young adult then various semi-pro auto racing.
Fortunately, I can spend most of my time as an instructor but still hold out hope of returning to the Porsche Cup car series.
I still have most of my physical health and can still bench and squat a small cow but I can't tell you where I left my car and twister is strictly off-limits.
The worst is losing the feeling in my left side. Had to switch hands ;)
Hearing loss also sucks. Though I wouldn't trade the experiences and memories from doing live sound and being a roadie for some of the best for perfect hearing. I could write a book on this if only I could remember.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

Never had the chops for DMing though.
Kind of like how I was soundly outdone at theoretical physics so I stuck with experimental since I've got the mechanical bug which those high horsepower brains aren't interested in.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Admin: Yes

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

trans_lux wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:38 pm Hearing loss also sucks. Though I wouldn't trade the experiences and memories from doing live sound and being a roadie for some of the best for perfect hearing. I could write a book on this if only I could remember.
Professional drummer here.... earplugs til the day I die!
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:29 am
trans_lux wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:38 pm Hearing loss also sucks. Though I wouldn't trade the experiences and memories from doing live sound and being a roadie for some of the best for perfect hearing. I could write a book on this if only I could remember.
Professional drummer here.... earplugs til the day I die!
Yeah, it never comes back once it's gone!
When I didn't have in-ear monitors on I tried to wear Etymotic high fidelity earplugs starting about 20 years ago.https://www.etymotic.com/product/er20xs/
Monsters of Rock in the late 80s and early 90s is where I did the most damage for sure. I was young and dumb and thought I was indestructible.
ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

Colbye

Post by Colbye »

39 1/2
HEAD CHEESE
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I thought I heard BUSCHMASTER say that it was his birthday and he is 80 years old a few days ago. Did anybody else hear that or could confirm? 80, that's incredible. I'm not planning on being alive when I'm 80.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:10 pm I thought I heard BUSCHMASTER say that it was his birthday and he is 80 years old a few days ago. Did anybody else hear that or could confirm? 80, that's incredible. I'm not planning on being alive when I'm 80.
He sure doesn't sound 80, not sure I believe that. Didn't hear it, but maybe he was kidding around?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Leon being 56 is crazy but believable. Bushmaster being 80 would be insane. He should donate his brain to science if that's the case!
leon

Post by leon »

No sense to lie. Termi has a copy of my DL (57 in April). But I don't want him to show it publicly.