I'm bored

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: I'm bored

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:36 pm BEHIND YOU BEHIND YOU BEHIND YOU!!!
:lol: He's fun to play with

BIG GUY IS ON THE HILL! BIG GUY IS ON THE HILL!
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:51 am ...
:lol: He's fun to play with
Yeah, as much as I curse the way he drives the mino to the wrong side of the map, he is fun to play with.

Love it when it's a 2x2 or 3x3 and he is in the enemy mino. I let him sit and rot at the locked node laughing cause he is out of position.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

There used to be different map preferences at different times which would make the server much more dynamic. About 5 years ago, you would frequently find ClassicEvil being played late at night, or a run through 2F2F and all its variants. The latter were especially fun with some very different game play---if you were willing to try different tactics. I still remember a 1v1 on FnF3 with Anon where I was demolished but learned a lot about strategy. But now, many of those players are either gone or no longer frequent the server. I think even FnF3 was removed (too bad, it was good for learning multihops).

There is one unique crowd set left which are those that play MBadgerMU early around 7:30 ET. That's also a different style which is a lot of fun. Try going 1v1 against Mclovin. The games are very tight and you're not allowed a single mistake. But you have to play it a few times to understand the unique strategies. We end up cursing all the way through but it sure is fun!!! I suggest trying that if you're bored.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:44 pm There used to be different map preferences at different times which would make the server much more dynamic. About 5 years ago, you would frequently find ClassicEvil being played late at night, or a run through 2F2F and all its variants. The latter were especially fun with some very different game play---if you were willing to try different tactics. I still remember a 1v1 on FnF3 with Anon where I was demolished but learned a lot about strategy. But now, many of those players are either gone or no longer frequent the server. I think even FnF3 was removed (too bad, it was good for learning multihops).

There is one unique crowd set left which are those that play MBadgerMU early around 7:30 ET. That's also a different style which is a lot of fun. Try going 1v1 against Mclovin. The games are very tight and you're not allowed a single mistake. But you have to play it a few times to understand the unique strategies. We end up cursing all the way through but it sure is fun!!! I suggest trying that if you're bored.
Yeah I miss playing FF with Yamashita
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:44 pm ...
I used to get on the server at 1630 MDT, but since it's summer and our numbers are down I've moved it to 1800 MDT. I'll play 2 games and then I've had my fill. Hopefully, by the end of the match, others show up and you get 3x3 or more matches started. Many won't play unless there are higher numbers.

MBadgerMU is really a simple map and plays well with only 2 people. I have only 3 strategies:

1. Sandbag mode - I'm playing a newbie and run the Mega full time. I don't touch or build nodes and allow the bots to do all of that.
2. Expert mode - I'm playing a competent player and have to pull out all my tricks. These are fun and challenging.
3. 2+ player matches - You got to build your nodes as fast as possible. If you are lucky enough to get that center node up, you may have a chance at getting a cutoff by taking down the enemy's left primary. At that point, the match is over.

Another skill is how to recognize if your bots are stuck and how to get them doing something useful. That's an entire chapter all by itself.