I'm bored

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: I'm bored

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:31 pm ...
Facebook (we have a group)
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/502667443415962/
ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

Diversity is the secret of life. I think that the presence of different types of players is very important. if everyone is snipers, campers, quick to build, or even cheaters :lol: does not give the game the desired flavor. The team needs all these types of players.. and if I do not like a certain map, I cannot be forced to play it. In fact, I see that each map is almost a separate game, and has its own strategy and way to play, The issue of forcing players to play maps that I like and play in my own way will never increase the number of players. Let's leave things as they are and Let's continue to improve maps and vehicles because there is a tangible development in this server that differs from the rest of the servers.
or .... you can cancel voting and let the admin choose his fav maps and play and win by his SUPERPOWERS :lol: :lol:
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

ankeedo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:41 am ...
and if I do not like a certain map, I cannot be forced to play it.
The issue of forcing players to play maps that I like and play in my own way will never increase the number of players.
I 100% agree. You can't force people to play maps they don't like.

Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

This needs to be said though.Tank maps water down individual player skill level. So the constant spamming of tank maps back to back is actually bringing the server skill level down as a whole. That's why you get people that always complain about "aimbot"..and not in a jovial way either. Playing against people like Leon, Skioh, Enya, Xexx , Anon etc is more fun if we're not using 1500 hp vehicles that one shot everything.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yep, it can't be forced. We are here for fun :) I don't find mega arena with a full server much fun. 6-8 people max for those maps. more than that and it's spammy, spawn killing chaos to me. Some people love that and want that.

We've always had different player types at different skill levels. The hard part is getting new blood into this old game. It's more likely we'll get old players coming out of the wood-works like me after 10 year hiatus than getting new players. Looking at the age poll it seems we all played this game when it was new and are OG players.

I wonder what Tater is playing these days.
ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

Super Sanka wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:02 pm This needs to be said though.Tank maps water down individual player skill level. So the constant spamming of tank maps back to back is actually bringing the server skill level down as a whole. That's why you get people that always complain about "aimbot"..and not in a jovial way either. Playing against people like Leon, Skioh, Enya, Xexx , Anon etc is more fun if we're not using 1500 hp vehicles that one shot everything.
are you sure you want to play against those players with flyers? when they come from nowhere using one-shot killing feature :lol: :lol:

let them use mino , at least you can hurt them a little :twisted: :twisted:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

ankeedo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:41 am Diversity is the secret of life. I think that the presence of different types of players is very important. if everyone is snipers, campers, quick to build, or even cheaters :lol: does not give the game the desired flavor. The team needs all these types of players.. and if I do not like a certain map, I cannot be forced to play it. In fact, I see that each map is almost a separate game, and has its own strategy and way to play, The issue of forcing players to play maps that I like and play in my own way will never increase the number of players. Let's leave things as they are and Let's continue to improve maps and vehicles because there is a tangible development in this server that differs from the rest of the servers.
or .... you can cancel voting and let the admin choose his fav maps and play and win by his SUPERPOWERS :lol: :lol:
Nobody here wants to or can possibly force anyone to do anything they don't want to, and nobody suggested canceling voting. The point here is to preserve as many players as possible to keep the server going as long as possible, and the reality is we ARE losing long-time players and are at severe risk of losing more if nothing is done. Part of the reason this is happening is likely multifaceted. One reason is a steady escalation of weapons and vehicles that exacerbates the skill gap between noobs and experienced players. It also exposes the gap in seasoned players between those that attack nodes and those that do not.

Another reason we risk losing experienced players, as the map rotation currently stands, is a LOT of the same tank heavy and randomizer maps get played repeatedly, causing many players to become bored, the whole point of the OP. If the map rotation were to be increased and your favorite tank spam maps don't show up for a day or two, you have the choice to either play what's being played and vote for what's available, or don't play until your favs are available again. At least this way, everyone gets to play the maps they enjoy, and nobody is getting bored repeating the same 10 maps. In this case, nobody is forcing you to do anything.

Also part of the problem is everyone wants to "play their own way," but this is a TEAM game. Having the various types of players is fine if they're all working and coordinating together toward a common goal. That used to happen on this server and it no longer does to anywhere near the extent it used to, and it's now overrun with mostly tank campers/snipers that DO NOT work toward capturing nodes (which BTW is ALWAYS the common goal in ONS). Lots of players ride off in the most powerful vehicles and hide in a corner waiting to snipe someone, or suicide run right into locked node enemy territory, not giving two shits about how it affects their TEAM. So, that kind of BS can be "your way" of playing, but it's not how the game was intended to be played by the people that developed it. When this type of play becomes ubiquitous, and it has, the good players start leaving.

Doing nothing is not an option.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

ankeedo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:39 pm
Super Sanka wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:02 pm This needs to be said though.Tank maps water down individual player skill level. So the constant spamming of tank maps back to back is actually bringing the server skill level down as a whole. That's why you get people that always complain about "aimbot"..and not in a jovial way either. Playing against people like Leon, Skioh, Enya, Xexx , Anon etc is more fun if we're not using 1500 hp vehicles that one shot everything.
are you sure you want to play against those players with flyers? when they come from nowhere using one-shot killing feature :lol: :lol:

let them use mino , at least you can hurt them a little :twisted: :twisted:
And the truth comes out... you claim to prize diversity, but in reality tank whores like yourself would prefer that players like me be grounded on tank heavy maps to keep you from having to worry about looking up once in a while. That's exactly why players like yourself consistently vote the same tank maps over and over, so you don't have to worry about the flyers. It's a 3D game, if you don't have your head on a swivel, people in flyers tend to "come from nowhere." Constantly being situationally aware of your surroundings requires effort you and many others obviously don't want to put in. So, don't complain or accuse people of cheating when we hustle, bother to learn new vehicles, and destroy you.

And there are no flyers that can one shot any kind of tank, it's the other way around. Sadly, you guys are totally oblivious to the flyer that's already shot at you 50 times before you ever bother switching to lasers, if you do at all.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

I don’t know why you always try to personalize the problems here.. but it seems that this is in your super genes and you cannot give it up. I have never objected to the existence of a particular vehicle or a map, nor did I turn the world around when losing a certain game. Everyone knows who does that. With all due respect to you, all your words are nonsense and worthless. The problem is the BALANCE in which there is always an imbalance, here lies the real problem. In addition, you cannot choose your team members who change in every game, and it is a team game and not an individual game.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

ankeedo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:28 pm it is a team game and not an individual game.
On this much we can agree.
― Mark Twain