How do you aimbots hold your mouse?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums

I can't aim for crap
42%
Wrist resting on mouse pad, elbow resting on chair arm rest, maximum slack
25%
Elbow resting on on chair arm rest, wrist off the mouse pad
8%
Wrist resting on mouse pad, elbow in the air
8%
Wrist off the mouse pad, elbow in the air, maximum effort
8%
I don't use a mouse you insensitive clod
8%

Total votes: 12

captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

I've tried all the ways mentioned. I'm not sure which way is best. My mind says 'maximum effort' way is best for aim. It has the most degrees of freedom. All of my muscle memory is years of 'maximum slack' though, as a software engineer.
pooty

Re: How do you aimbots hold your mouse?

Post by pooty »

Elbow on Desk, Wrist resting on Mousepad (L shaped desk) -- but I can't aim for crap.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Elbow hanging off edge, wrist slightly dragging, depending on the range of motion required either my shoulder or the elbow will be the pivot (or both), my wrist is never the main pivot. I try to palm my mouse but end up being a hybrid grip.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Anonymous. wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:08 pm my wrist is never the main pivot
I've had the best improvement from not using my wrist. There was a learning curve and my aim went down at first but it didn't take too long before I was better than before.

Recently I've been trying the maximum effort way (nothing is resting) and my aim is significantly worse. I was hoping it's a learning curve but I've been trying a while and not really improving.

I think I'm going to go back to resting my forearm/elbow somewhere while trying to not use my wrist.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

I never realized there were other methods than using my old Atari 2600 joysticks. "When in doubt just jerk it all over the place and stab that big red button like you're putting out a gasoline fire with an ice-pick" is what I always say.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:32 pm I've had the best improvement from not using my wrist. There was a learning curve and my aim went down at first but it didn't take too long before I was better than before.

Recently I've been trying the maximum effort way (nothing is resting) and my aim is significantly worse. I was hoping it's a learning curve but I've been trying a while and not really improving.

I think I'm going to go back to resting my forearm/elbow somewhere while trying to not use my wrist.
You would need a sensitivity of at least 50cm to accurately use shoulder aiming.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

infinitecat wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:54 pm "When in doubt just jerk it all over the place and stab that big red button like you're putting out a gasoline fire with an ice-pick"
In this month’s issue of Mens Health
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Anonymous. wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:08 pm Elbow hanging off edge, wrist slightly dragging, depending on the range of motion required either my shoulder or the elbow will be the pivot (or both), my wrist is never the main pivot. I try to palm my mouse but end up being a hybrid grip.
Exactly this for me too... unfortunately my aim still isn't as aimbotty as yours :p
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Thanks for the tips guys.

I got rid of my keyboard tray and have noticed some improvement. Now I just need 16+ years of practice this way :lol:
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

What's a mouse pad? Haven't seen one of those since the early 2000s. Wireless laser mouse here.