Bot Voice Commands

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Anonymous.

Bot Voice Commands

Post by Anonymous. »

I remember on the old forum there was a thread about commanding bots via voice, but I don't think there were instructions on how to set it up. It seems all you need to do is activate Windows Speech Recognition from Control Panel, train your voice, and it should work in game. However, I must've disabled or broke something with my Windows because I get an error when trying to turn on speech recognition. Maybe one of you will get better luck if you'd like to try.

From the UT2004 manual:

Additional instructions: https://www.beyondunreal.com/articles/s ... 2004-demo/
It looks like the link above is instructions for Windows XP, as speech recognition wasn't added to Windows until Vista. However everything else applies.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Bot Voice Commands

Post by McLovin »

Fragster says he had this working for him at one time.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

I have the original 2004 box set (Mac) and it doesn't include this list of commands at all. I got gypped.

But the manual offers a URL to the permanent data base of stats.

Oh........ wait.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I do them in the keyboard commands all the time. v431, v421. They're pretty useful with "hold this position" if you need a node covered while you go to the next one. Especially if you can get them to hop into a turret.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I've used the keyboard versions also, attack, hold position, cover me. It's funny as hell to have 15 bots following you around the map. Hold position is good for the center node on MTMU maps. I use attack or cover me to help get stuck bots moving again. Weird thing with attack, the hots are not as aggressive as their default settings. Why I hesitate commanding them.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

My favorite:

Instant Action match
Bot config as many bots on enemy team as possible
God mode
Infinite ammo
Fly
Change teams
“Defend the base”
Change back
Go slay bots to your heart’s desire

Adjust game speed mutator to really get crazy. Also fun to try without god mode to see how long you can last