Seriously enyo, this admin shit is going to your head

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Colbye
Server Sponsor: Yes

Re: Seriously enyo, this admin shit is going to your head

Post by Colbye »

Fellas. I love you all.
HEAD CHEESE
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

A couple of weeks ago, I was threatened with a kick because I was trying to balance a match. I joined after the balance for a late night match and didn't want to fuck it up. Vugluskr then left, making the teams uneven, so I spectated. Vugluskr then rejoined (apparently client crashed) on the opposite team. I gave him 20 second to switch back, he did not, so then I rejoined. And was ultimately accused of team switching by a losing admin (notice how these issues only arise when an admin is losing?)

Lately, there's been a lot of overzealous kicks, threats of kicks, forced maps, etc. by the admins. The threats and kicks are *always* from losing admins. Totally up to you guys on what environment you want to create. For me, the thought of leaving for good has crossed my mind because of this behavior.
Bullshit. I am going to seriously push back on this. Every kick gets documented by the admins and even discussed if need be.
Now there have been too many threats of kicks and that's been addressed viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4&sid=e0254387be9d ... 6853123d11 But too many kicks, I think not, if you disagree please PM me and give me specifics, every kick we've seen has pretty much been justified except in a few rare instances. I wasn't present on the Xexx kick, and Enyo did apologize.

As for forced maps -- I realize I haven't played in a couple of weeks, but those were few and far between (and occasionally happen by accident when an admin forgets they are logged in).

I get it you're upset and we admins, have decided a less is more approach (read the update to the rules), so play away, spam away, if you are just here to spawnkill then expect a dose of act right, but things like pre-emptively hitting node builders (aka Xexx at 1/2 on minus), taking out spawning minos/missle tanks, or putting down suppressing fire on the core while your team builds the primary are all fair game, after all the goal is to win. We don't want to be the Police, and don't want to spend our game time specing or being rules lawyers.
So lets see how it goes, fair enough Furious?

However I do want to point this out: Do NOT switch teams to try to balance this rule was there before and continues. Play on the team the server puts you on. There's no requirement to spec and if that makes it unbalanced that's life. But when every player tries to balance you end up with a situation where someone switches, then someone else is pissed you switched, or that team then gets a power join.. its simply just a mess. So the rule is play on the team the server puts you on. Sometimes that means a match is lopsided....life isn't always fair, and there's always next match.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:13 pm (notice how these issues only arise when an admin is losing?)
This one is pretty easily explained: We don't know there is an issue unless it's happening to us. If I'm winning and it's partially because someone on my team is spawn killing, I don't know because I don't see it.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

There is a reason why I've not been playing on OMNI ons as of late. Some players, admins, are not the same players that they use to be. I'm not going to name any players; I don't feel comfortable doing that on here. I think some have taken enough of abuse from other regulars. I do have things to say but I'll keep it to myself. I did join the server a few weeks back and the same players were, in a way - flapping the admin cock around. I don't care to see those certain players do that. That is not how I want to see them act because I like those players - I just don't like what they have turned into. Now, I spend my entire time over on HoC which I enjoy. I help administrate the server along with Carpe, Moog, Adol - and if any admin behaved over there the way they do on OMNI, they would be demoted. Being an admin is a privilege, not a right. Xerjat plays solely on HoC & Sol freon servers and in speaking with him on Teamspeak, there is a reason he doesn't play ONS anymore. So, few players now, why chase people away? The best thing that OMNI ever did was to merge the regular server and the tanks only server which brought everyone together and killed DW. The 2nd best thing was creating the server that is in existence now, yet I fear and feel that is being tarnished and destroyed. What use to be a fun place simply is not anymore. I know a few are glad that I am no longer playing on OMNI, which is fine, I don't hold grudges. However, other long-time tenured players have spoken, and I honestly feel what they are saying is being thrown under the rug.
pooty

Post by pooty »

However, other long-time tenured players have spoken, and I honestly feel what they are saying is being thrown under the rug.
How so?

We hopefully have addressed the admin issue:
(From this thread on Server Rules viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4&sid=e0254387be9d ... 6853123d11 )
Many players have expressed the wish that our admin be a bit more forgiving. As Omin Admins we agree.
So going forward same rules still apply. Most simple offenses will get warning, then either SLAP, SLAY or similar.

We recognize there might be different play styles and encourage all to first and foremost enjoy themselves....and help your team as best you can. If the rest players feel someone isn't contributing than the player kick vote can decide if they stay or go, us admins don't really want to kick anyone, much less someone who might be new, or trying a new strategy. This makes the game in our opinion much more fun for all, including admins.

However, if there's blatant egregious behavior, admins will warn in game. there will be clear warning and then a kick, however we are going to refrain from threatening a kick. Meaning if the player's behavior is so bad (team sabotaging) or really bad (slurs, etc). then a kick may come without warning, but we expect this to be a very rare event.

If anyone feels the need, feel free to PM me or other admins on here for clarification.

Is there something else that needs to be addressed?
I know a few are glad that I am no longer playing on OMNI, which is fine, I don't hold grudges.
I don't know who those are, I for one would love to have you back playing here!
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Terminator wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:07 pm ...
I know a few are glad that I am no longer playing on OMNI
I missed you Termi. And I noticed you had not been playing in a while and wished you would be back. There's only one Termi and you outshine everyone else with your creative unorthodox tactics.

Who else can piss Spoon and me off on BadgerMeUp so much because you understand how important the link badger is. (I don't understand why nobody else gets this. Some don't even bother to build that free node or use the link badger. It's the most important vehicle on that map, ie, not the Mega.)
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

pooty wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:45 pm However I do want to point this out: Do NOT switch teams to try to balance this rule was there before and continues. Play on the team the server puts you on. There's no requirement to spec and if that makes it unbalanced that's life.
I neither intentionally switched teams nor spectated to force someone else to switch, so no one has any cause for complaint. With total player count under 10, on what was clearly the last match of the night, all I did was spectate to keep the numbers balanced per team. Since I joined late, in my opinion, it was the decent thing to do.

Passions run high in this game and I consider that to be a good thing---it keeps the game fun. I agree that if a game is unbalanced, that is life... although in the moment, you've all seen my whining at the end of unbalanced matches. All I'm really meant was, please have the discipline to keep it to whining even if you have the power to do more.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, I think you get the intent, we just don't want any players trying to rebalance teams (perhaps admins switching once in a while is fine.. I know Enyo and I have switched to losing teams multiple times to try to fix it).

And we can whine, complain, bitch, trash talk all we want...as you mentioned the passion keeps it fun.

I truly think just playing for the most part and keeping the "discipline" to a minimum is better... and teams can still use the majority kick vote if someone is really a problem.

Team Switching is one that might get some discipline and no tolerance for the "spec to force a switch" -- there were really about 2-3 offenders here and I think they got the message.

Balancer is doing a fairly decent job but sometimes teams just work together better and its a beautiful thing..