Seriously enyo, this admin shit is going to your head

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Xexx

Seriously enyo, this admin shit is going to your head

Post by Xexx »

So on Kitchensink, I can't be at the base literally 2 seconds before the core opens up? Or did you get pissy because that was a good comeback? There were NO nodes and they were calling out the core.

On Dria, can't be on 8 or 3 while the center node about to lock, because god forbid someone thinks ahead and you appear.

A couple days ago, you threatened to kick me because I was "on your half of the map" on Dreamus and killed you while you were going up the stairs to the center node.

And on Bionyx where I was in fact in the Dragon and McLovin was spectating me while you were blaming me for "disappearing" after jumping out of the falcon when it was Azazel?

Oh, and yes, the falcon can fire in a down backward position.

Seriously dude, not every game graphical glitch, or net code problem, or you losing track of someone is the player cheating, glitching, or whatever fabrication you're talking about. That's not to mention the half dozen other threatening whines we all ignore.

All the places you don't want competition in sure is expanding to larger areas of the map. Give it a rest already.
infinitecat

Re: Seriously enyo, this admin shit is going to your head

Post by infinitecat »

I enjoy spectating the better players (Xexx, Enyo, Leon, Tater, etc.) because they perform moves and shoot with an accuracy that seems other-worldly at times, especially compared to the average player. Sometimes it seems like cheating HAS to be involved.

The reason for that no doubt lies with the game itself, software originally designed for computers (and networks) that are now considered "vintage" if not "antique". Contemporary computers are so much more powerful that they probably exceed the software's flight envelope on a regular basis, resulting in actions that look suspicious.

(Speaking as someone who plays UT2004 with such an "antique" computer nearly everyone looks like they're using a hack, but I know it's just the limitations of my Fisher-Price processor and my two-bit video card.)

All's I'm saying is that when you drive a quantum convertible along a Newtonian highway things are gonna get weird. So, as they say "lie back and enjoy it."
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by McLovin »

infinitecat wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:59 pm ...
"vintage" if not "antique"
Windows Vista on a 2007 rig here. LOL
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I apologized to you verbally about Bionyx, thought I was logged in as admin and assumed you heard me. If not, again I apologize, I mistook Azazel for you because he was using the same skin as you and I didn't see a name reticle on him, so I made an erroneous assumption. For that, I apologize.

On previous matches that night I did in fact see you disappear for a couple secs 2 other times after bailing from a vehicle. Couldn't tell where your character went until you reappeared somewhere else. I'm pointing it out because we've already established there's likely something going on with your connection that causes that stuff to happen. It may be nothing anyone can help, including you, but it's no less annoying that it happens constantly with you. The other two matches you mentioned on Dria and Dreamus, I don't know what you're even talking about.

On Kitchesink, you destroyed the vehicles on the roof, but then continued to spawn kill players, including me when I warped up there. Then I went up the elevator shaft to avoid your Aurora explosions... lo and behold there you still were hovering above the roof spawn killing players. You didn't back off until I started shooting your punk ass. I normally would just bitch slap you out of your flyer, but the match was in fact over, so it was faster to just kick you. Match ended bout 10 seconds later.

With your long history of incredibly douchey and unsportsmanlike play, including regular core spawn killing for which you've been kicked by multiple admins besides me, nobody should be surprised you've been kicked again for it. If your team was telling you the core is going hot, why continue to spawn kill the roof instead of swooping down to the back side of the core and killing it instead? You never left the roof until I shot at you, and the core was already hot before I got up there the 2nd time. I would think after getting kicked for this BS multiple times, you'd learn to stop doing it. Seems you can't help yourself... I think you get a kick out of irritating other players with your nonsense. In your words, "give it a rest already."
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If the core was opening up, why were you spawn killing all the vehicles? and players on the roof? Core was available and was in the single digit health.

You could have easily ended the match but chose to spawn kill instead. This is the problem.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

Enyo wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:19 pm On Kitchesink, you destroyed the vehicles on the roof, but then continued to spawn kill players, including me when I warped up there. Then I went up the elevator shaft to avoid your Aurora explosions... lo and behold there you still were hovering above the roof spawn killing players. You didn't back off until I started shooting your punk ass. I normally would just bitch slap you out of your flyer, but the match was in fact over, so it was faster to just kick you. Match ended bout 10 seconds later.

With your long history of incredibly douchey and unsportsmanlike play, including regular core spawn killing for which you've been kicked by multiple admins besides me, nobody should be surprised you've been kicked again for it. If your team was telling you the core is going hot, why continue to spawn kill the roof instead of swooping down to the back side of the core and killing it instead? You never left the roof until I shot at you, and the core was already hot before I got up there the 2nd time. I would think after getting kicked for this BS multiple times, you'd learn to stop doing it. Seems you can't help yourself... I think you get a kick out of irritating other players with your nonsense. In your words, "give it a rest already."
There was absolutely no "spawn killing," you literally have 5 or 6 seconds of spawn protection, no nodes, and you admit we were in the last 10 seconds of the game. I took fire from the roof, killed like one or two people in a few seconds, and went down immediately to hit the core as it opened. You just admitted you "warped" up there and are surprised when the person you go after kills you? Okay - How about not firing from the roof if you don't want incoming fire? How about not expanding the ever growing list of vehicles that you don't like killing you in situations you don't find yourself immediately on "equal" footing in?

You are absolutely being completely dramatic and you openly admit the match was in the last 10 seconds of the game. Cores usually take more than that to kill, and killing the players AROUND the core is often a requirement of doing it. So a flyer in the air kills someone on top of the building when they've lost the entire map and the core is opening in seconds? What an outrage...

There is literally a new insinuation from you every other day or more. People momentarily disappearing after exiting is NOT new, and it happens literally 50% of the time in my experience when I'm in the mino and someone bails from the hammerhead to goo me. This is a common game issue that has been around for years, as you also admit happened with Azazel, once again. Maybe it has something to do with selectable exits that don't work half the time or the models of vehicle and their animations. I suspect there is probably a collision of the player with vehicle meshes on exit when the horizontal axis isn't level (IE, the position of the camera is overhead and looking down)

If this game had a respawn timer, you'd be the guy getting teabagged and banning half the server for flanking and suppression. Or the "crouch only" server where the autists live on dead games who can't deal with 70% of freedom an open map provides.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

I'm actually going to second Xexx here. That was a bullshit rage kick. When your primary is down, the core is open to spam. That's half the strategy of the game. And if the primary comes up, that shouldn't mean you automatically have to stop spamming. If the whole team is holding back and dragging out the match just to fuck with a weaker team, then yes, that is unsportsmanlike. But that wasn't the case here. It was, in my opinion, a valid suppression. (That the vehicles are not balanced with effective counterparts is another issue---but everyone loves random, etc.)

A couple of weeks ago, I was threatened with a kick because I was trying to balance a match. I joined after the balance for a late night match and didn't want to fuck it up. Vugluskr then left, making the teams uneven, so I spectated. Vugluskr then rejoined (apparently client crashed) on the opposite team. I gave him 20 second to switch back, he did not, so then I rejoined. And was ultimately accused of team switching by a losing admin (notice how these issues only arise when an admin is losing?)

Lately, there's been a lot of overzealous kicks, threats of kicks, forced maps, etc. by the admins. The threats and kicks are *always* from losing admins. Totally up to you guys on what environment you want to create. For me, the thought of leaving for good has crossed my mind because of this behavior.
leon

Post by leon »

I hate it when I build the first node at the start of a match and Xexx comes and kills me. I am very angry, I yell obscenities, but I continue to play. War is war. During a real war, there are no rules and you will do everything to win. And you don’t have to yell at people when they kill you from behind, from the side, from above, from under the ground. You do it yourself without even noticing it. Everyone tries to kill the enemy before he sees you, everyone does it, especially if the enemy is much stronger than you or has a more powerful vehicle. Without Xexx, we would have lost yesterday and I don’t care what he did, the main thing is that we won. Once again, many people do this. I’m already silent about MEGA maps. Or for example ALIENHOP when not a single node has been built Yet but Enyo already killed me when I was building the first one. And it is wrong when someone, based on their subjective fantasies, can remove someone from match. This is not a college for maidens, this is a war.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

leon wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:16 am This is not a college for maidens, this is a war.
lul I've never heard this expression before.

My random thoughts:

As far as I know, there is no such thing as being "offsides"... it's just up to whether or not people think it's a dick move which is why we have these threads to further duke it out. Pooty's the chief justice on this one I think.

Personally, I've never thought spawnkilling or any of this stuff was a big deal. They're like bunts, onside kicks, trick plays etc. They're not always super effective but sometimes can shake up the flow of the other team enough to give your team an advantage. Even if that advantage is people on the other team stopping to complain for a few seconds. If I'm being spawnkilled, I either:

A) Spawn somewhere else
2) Get my shock rifle and fight back
D) Use this server's generous spawn protection time to run to a safer place or a vehicle

One thing I'm not going to lie about though is that spawnkilling a node ahead or an open core can also be fun as hell. There, I said it. Racking up multi kills while the other team squirms is super satisfying and I totally do it (assuming my teammates are actually working on nodes).

BUT, I think both sides are truly valid here. People who think it's dickish to spawnkill vs people who think it's dickish to kick people. We need to keep this game fun and sometimes there is compromise.

Enyo, one thing to consider (and take this is a compliment); killing YOU is a valid tactic. For example I know you've given me shit for catching me fly across the map just to bio your freshly spawned mino. And I'm not one to regularly use that play as it keeps me away from the action for a couple minutes, but I will if it helps keep you specifically out of the mino. On the same map I probably wouldn't care as much if someone else were in it. People are regularly calling out "kill enyo's fucking falcon" etc all the time on your opposing team. It doesn't happen to me much, but I'll definitely notice it on MassDestruction when I'm in the tiamat. Sometimes I can do my thing, but then I can clearly tell when there is a team call to kill me. I think you have a bigger target on your back and if anyone on the server finds a way to get a repeated "You killed Enyo!" message they're gonna take it.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

leon wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:16 am I hate it when I build the first node at the start of a match and Xexx comes and kills me. I am very angry, I yell obscenities
On MTMU maps on your right primary that's called the Xexx Maneuver. It's very effective. I learned to keep a heads-up when building that node and a quick shift to the shock rifle. But usually, I'm dead and the node builds itself slowly. Another counter to the Xexx maneuver is Enyo's dragon. Xexx maneuver solved, LOL

Pam used to do the Xexx Maneuver on the left MTMU primary.

Why I love this game. There are so many ways to get your jollies, but also so many ways to counter them. And we haven't discovered them all yet.