Games like UT2k4

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Games like UT2k4

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, who's playing UT4? Which hubs? I saw Terramerge and Vamprobe(?) on a Dallas hub last night.
terramerge

Post by terramerge »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:23 pm Ok, who's playing UT4? Which hubs? I saw Terramerge and Vamprobe(?) on a Dallas hub last night.
Yeah I've been playing lots of the new UT4 alpha release blitz. Its basically the old assault game mode, except you have to deliver a flag to the enemy base. Would love to have more omni players there.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I have it, played some here and there, but don't play much anymore. There's no development on it, not even sure how much community dev is going on...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It has mods but you can't really mod it like you can the older games. They removed unrealscript. To make mods you have to use 'blueprints' but you can only do basic stuff in blueprints. If you use C++ the game won't download your mod. The players would have to install it by themselves which would modify their install and not work online anymore.

C++ for UT mods could have worked but it would require Epic to create a marketplace/store for the mods or at least some support in the game for native mods.

Also, the last thing I want to do after work is to sit around watching VS compile c++ code.

It's still a fun game though! It doesn't need too much. Sometimes I get tired of sitting in a tank and want to DM.