Balance woes lately...

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Balance woes lately...

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:57 pm Balancer aside, You had better players and more players and two admins. Someone could have switched teams.
The numbers were even whenever I checked the rosters, and after Nautikal left, the 2nd round was almost over. If you were texting about switching sooner than at the end, I just didn't see it.

That said, I do switch quite often to help the underdog team when it seems appropriate to do so. I know pooty does too.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If teams are odd, and Red has more players than blue, do you want Red's extra player to be Enyo or J&K? Right now when they get an extra player, the get the worst player. The change you are suggesting would mean they get the best player. So they would have the best player, and more players? That doesn't make sense.

EvenMatchDebug: Assigning Eny)o( (288.69 PPH) and sn)o(rf (280.13 PPH
... (AJ)
EvenMatchDebug: Assigning sn)o(rf (410.40 PPH) and Xexx (329.21 PPH)
This is why we need the multiplier. There is no way enyo is only 8 pts higher than me. It should be more. And on AJ, there's no way I'm higher than Xexx.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, new version?! Download here EvenMatchOmni_3.1.zip

Changes
- assign odd player after both team's PPH has been calculated

I can't really test this without players so hopefully it works :shock: 8-)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:11 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:57 pm Balancer aside, You had better players and more players and two admins. Someone could have switched teams.
The numbers were even whenever I checked the rosters, and after Nautikal left, the 2nd round was almost over. If you were texting about switching sooner than at the end, I just didn't see it.

That said, I do switch quite often to help the underdog team when it seems appropriate to do so. I know pooty does too.
Yeah, you're right. I should have said something sooner.
pooty

Post by pooty »

If teams are odd, and Red has more players than blue, do you want Red's extra player to be Enyo or J&K? Right now when they get an extra player, the get the worst player. The change you are suggesting would mean they get the best player. So they would have the best player, and more players? That doesn't make sense.
The extra player is the lowest score, and should be assigned last -- imo not randomly but to the lowest point total team.
It was ADDING the worst player's score first to one of the top players, and then basing everything else off that...
Leon = 450
Xexx = 400
Player 3 = 300
Player 4 = 275
JKT = 100

Right now it does this:
Assign JKT to blue
Leon to Blue, Xexx to Red (Blue points 450, Red Points 400+100=500)
Next it would be
Leon, Player 3 750 | Xexx, Player 4 (and JKT) 775

That's the problem ^ is should be

Leon to Blue, Xexx to Red (Blue points 450, Red Points 400)
Leon, Player 4 725 | Xexx, Player 3 700
JKT goes to the lower team, just like a new join/i]
Leon Player4 725 | Xexx, Player 3, JKT 800

Now this might skew the points at the end, but better players are more valuable we should assign them first rather than thinking the bottom feeder is going to make the team's best player better
Colbye

Post by Colbye »

Man I don't care what team I'm on. Victory is assured.
HEAD CHEESE
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Colbye wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:11 am Man I don't care what team I'm on. Victory is assured.
For the other team! :lol:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Colbye

Post by Colbye »

Enyo wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:46 am
Colbye wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:11 am Man I don't care what team I'm on. Victory is assured.
For the other team! :lol:
:lol:

I will kill you.
HEAD CHEESE