DJY Crash, a lead perhaps..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Super Sanka

Re: DJY Crash, a lead perhaps..

Post by Super Sanka »

Where'd you get sniping from? :D I was referring to aggressively attacking and defending your teammates by killing thier attackers while they're building. Before the change you could do all the damage and someone else could finish them off and you'd be left with no credit.

Also the best shooters don't stay in one spot. You adapt to how the game is going. The sit in one spot players I think you're talking about aren't even on the forum.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

Super Sanka wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:28 pm Where'd you get sniping from? :D I was referring to aggressively attacking and defending your teammates by killing thier attackers while they're building. Before the change you could do all the damage and someone else could finish them off and you'd be left with no credit.

Also the best shooters don't stay in one spot. You adapt to how the game is going. The sit in one spot players I think you're talking about aren't even on the forum.
I agree 100% about doing all the damage and someone "stealing" your kill. That sucks. That's what I like about damage pts. What I don't like is that someone can just sit in sniper tanks and get the top score while never touching a node. And maybe some snipers (meaning the long range anti air tanks) do move around, but they almost never move to an actual damn node. Why not?

Sure, defending your team with some protection fire can help, but showing up at nodes is far more helpful than all the sniping and defending. You might pick off a flyer or two on the way to the node I'm charging, but there's inevitably the next 2 or 3 that I have to fight off myself because there's nobody else at the node with me, which happens WAY too much on this server anymore.

I'll leave you with the wisdom of the great GTKU... "just show the fuck up!"
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So back on topic, we crashed yesterday mid round on DiamondSword (old map, pretty standard vehicles). I immediately checked the logs... no errors/warnings... just abrubtly stopped.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Here is the log when DJY crashed yesterday:

Code: Select all

Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (ONSPlusxPlayer ONS-DesertJunkYard-TMU-Randomizer-V12.ONSPlusxPlayer, Function Engine.PlayerController.Destroyed)
Critical: ULevel::DestroyActor
Critical: (ONSPlusxPlayer ONS-DesertJunkYard-TMU-Randomizer-V12.ONSPlusxPlayer)
Critical: UPlayer::Destroy
Critical: UNetConnection::Destroy
Critical: UObject::ConditionalDestroy
Critical: (TcpipConnection Package.TcpipConnection)
Critical: DestroyClientConnections
Critical: UNetDriver::Destroy
Critical: UObject::ConditionalDestroy
Critical: (TcpNetDriver Package.TcpNetDriver)
Critical: ExitLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: ServerTravel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level ONS-Desert-JunkYard-TMU-Randomizer
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Nothing unusual. It crashed deleting the player controllers during the ServerTravel event.

I tried dumping all the scripts from DJY but it's only vehicles. I know AJY uses ONS mapping tools so it has some custom code in it (e.g. mino shows as a triangle on the minimap). I thought maybe DJY did too but nothing there.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

There were 2 different server crashes last night 20221114. The 2nd one was ONS-DesertJunkYard-TMU-Randomize.

The first one was during the final round of ONS-ArcticJunkYard-)o(-Randomize (I think). It's not in the logs that the game was even played. It was played sometime after ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-Beta23 and before ONS-DesertJunkYard-TMU-Randomize.

Mon, Nov 14 2022, 8:58:32 PM Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Onslaught Onslaught ONS-DesertJunkYard-TMU-Randomize 31 24m 10s
Mon, Nov 14 2022, 8:40:58 PM Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Onslaught Onslaught ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer 21 14m 59s
Mon, Nov 14 2022, 8:22:54 PM Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Onslaught Onslaught ONS-MasterBath-Renovation-v4 18 15m 20s
Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:37:39 PM Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Onslaught Onslaught ONS-AlienHop-Tropical-V4 5 19m 24s
Mon, Nov 14 2022, 6:49:52 PM Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Onslaught Onslaught ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-Beta23 2 28m 04s
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Crash on Valarna tonight, also crashed my client
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3493 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (1694)

General protection fault!

History: TestReach <- UObject::GetFullName <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.ScriptedTexture Client[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (ScriptedTexture ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.myLevel.ScriptedTexture1230) <- TestReach <- (ScriptedTexture ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.myLevel.ScriptedTexture1230) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.ObjectPool Objects[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (ObjectPool ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.myLevel.ObjectPool12) <- TestReach <- (ObjectPool ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.myLevel.ObjectPool12) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.LevelInfo ObjectPool[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (LevelInfo ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.LevelInfo0) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (LevelInfo ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.LevelInfo0) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class UTCompOmni.UTComp_ServerReplicationInfo Level[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (UTComp_ServerReplicationInfo ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.UTComp_ServerReplicationInfo) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (UTComp_ServerReplicationInfo ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.UTComp_ServerReplicationInfo) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class UTCompOmni.BS_xPlayer RepInfo[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (BS_xPlayer ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.BS_xPlayer) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (BS_xPlayer ONS-Valarna-Randomizer-V6.BS_xPlayer) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class WinDrv.WindowsViewport OldActor[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient.WindowsViewport) <- UPlayer::Serialize <- UViewport::Serialize <- TestReach <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient.WindowsViewport) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class GUI2K4.UT2K4GUIController ViewportOwner[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (UT2K4GUIController Package.UT2K4GUIController) <- TestReach <- (UT2K4GUIController Package.UT2K4GUIController) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class GUI2K4.fntUT2k4Small Controller[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (fntUT2k4Small Package.fntUT2k4Small) <- TestReach <- (fntUT2k4Small Package.fntUT2k4Small) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class GUI2K4.STY2TextLabel Fonts[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (STY2TextLabel Package.STY2TextLabel) <- TestReach <- (STY2TextLabel Package.STY2TextLabel) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class GUI2K4.AltSectionBackground CaptionStyle[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (AltSectionBackground Package.AltSectionBackground) <- TestReach <- (AltSectionBackground Package.AltSectionBackground) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class GUI2K4.UT2K4InGameChat sb_Main[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (UT2K4InGameChat Package.UT2K4InGameChat) <- TestReach <- (UT2K4InGameChat Package.UT2K4InGameChat) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class XInterface.ExtendedConsole ChatMenu[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (ExtendedConsole Package.ExtendedConsole) <- TestReach <- (ExtendedConsole Package.ExtendedConsole) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.HUD PlayerConsole[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (HUD Entry.HUD) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (HUD Entry.HUD) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.PlayerController myHUD[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (PlayerController Entry.PlayerController) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (PlayerController Entry.PlayerController) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.PlayerReplicationInfo Owner[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (PlayerReplicationInfo Entry.PlayerReplicationInfo) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (PlayerReplicationInfo Entry.PlayerReplicationInfo) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.GameReplicationInfo PRIArray[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (GameReplicationInfo Entry.GameReplicationInfo) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (GameReplicationInfo Entry.GameReplicationInfo) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.LevelInfo GRI[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (LevelInfo Entry.LevelInfo0) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (LevelInfo Entry.LevelInfo0) <- ULevelBase::Serialize <- ULevel::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Level Entry.myLevel) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.GameEngine GEntry[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (GameEngine Package.GameEngine) <- UGameEngine::Serialize <- (GameEngine Package.GameEngin