DJY Crash, a lead perhaps..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

DJY Crash, a lead perhaps..

Post by pooty »

So we had the typical DJY crash, but we also had it on Minus-KitchenSink... however, I did have the same nuke tank (Cluster bomb version) on Minus...and boom we crashed. I suspect there's something in that tank that causes the crash.
captainsnarf

Re: DJY Crash, a lead perhaps..

Post by captainsnarf »

You should swap it with the other nuke tank and see if the crashing goes away.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Actually, on second thought, leave it. Crashing is the only way we get to play new maps :lol:
pooty

Post by pooty »

Crashing is the only way we get to play new maps :lol:
Yep I think its a great rule, play the random crash map then force it to whatever won.

I did not DJY had the older version of the Missle Tank (Arbalest). I updated it to the newer one I packaged up... I also made some changes to the other Arbalest (Nova) -- that one is NOT on DJY BTW, even as Random option.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

The server had two crashes around 12AM eastern, one after another.
Last edited by Anonymous. on Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I had four crashes yesterday. After DJ (the usual), after MassD, then once when trying to spectate AJ, another trying to spectate Dria.

I looked up the MassD crash in the C++ source code. Apparently the physics engine is failing to delete all constraints when switching levels. The engine is designed to crash rather than leak memory.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Still crashing with UTComp turned off. Crashed after nevermore (server). Crashed after Valarna Randomizer (client). Leon still complaining of lag.

anon happy he's getting damage points :roll: :lol:
pooty

Post by pooty »

Okay, so if we still see those, we should probably turn off Zounds and see if that fixes the crashes.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Damage points should stay. Every team needs damage dealers/killers so the node builders can freely build.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Super Sanka wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:08 pm Damage points should stay. Every team needs damage dealers/killers so the node builders can freely build.
All you never-go-to-nodes snipers should realize in ONS you're just a minor nuisance to us node hounds. You might slow us down temporarily, but we always get around you or kill you and move on to the next node. Unlimited lives means I get past you eventually. The best you're doing is helping the bottom feeders waste our good flyers, in which case they're helping your team more than you are.

If you guys with such good DM skills would show up at the nodes, your team would appreciate it. Fight at the nodes instead of sitting in sniper tanks waiting for someone to fly by. Why not instead at least move your sniper tank toward the node objectives and help where it's most needed? Maybe you do that some, but most don't, they pick a spot and camp it, and leave only 2 or 3 of us do the dirty work at the nodes.

And, when you get a team with few to no node attackers, you lose quickly because there's just not enough at the nodes. This server has a woefully small number of aggressive node attackers and mostly campers/snipers. Years ago it was the other way around, and it was much more fun then IMO.

The problem with damage pts though is it does not work consistently, at least before it didn’t. Last time we had it turned on, sometimes you'd get 1pt for killing a Levi, other times you could rack up 8 to 10pts killing it. Haven't noticed if that's happening again or not though.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain