-bored

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
amightytribble

Re: -bored

Post by amightytribble »

My post was intended to build on what Infinicat and Sanka said. I may have misread Sanka's desire to play "stock maps" as a disdain for the the OP vehicles but Infinicat specifically mentions the "super weapons" and the op Snarf mentions "OP vehicles". I think the the tone of the thread is a general disdain for the ever increasing power of the vehicles because it drastically changes game play and I think that any reduction in the vehicles speed or hit damage miss the point. I think the dirty 6 get voted in-spite of the OP vehicles not because of them.
The JY's, Minus', get voted because they are the best designed maps, the correct size, the correct amount of open sky ect;. I may be wrong but I don't think most like huge maps and I'm fairly certain that the small spam maps arent popular with most of the regulars. This is the scenario that super fast vehicles introduce and ruins the game play for me....
--My team is losing, your team is taking/downed our primary. I get there start building, you arrive and we engage I get a lucky shot and kill you and start building again. Now... if your are able to spawn get to a vehicle fast enough to allow you to return before I can get the node built and before my team is able to down the linked node the vehicle is too fast. However, having the Mino posted up the the 'Dognuts' spot is not frustrating at all. Not sure of the map version but I think it is this one..MTMU-Minus-rand v5b.This map in my opinion was almost perfect. May I humbly suggest try removing the number of OP vehics on the popular maps and see how it goes.
amightytribble

Post by amightytribble »

My post was intended to build on what Infinicat and Sanka said. I may have misread Sanka's desire to play "stock maps" as a disdain for the the OP vehicles but Infinicat specifically mentions the "super weapons" and the op Snarf mentions "OP vehicles". I think the the tone of the thread is a general disdain for the ever increasing power of the vehicles because it drastically changes game play and I think that any reduction in the vehicles speed or hit damage miss the point. I think the dirty 6 get voted in-spite of the OP vehicles not because of them.
The JY's, Minus', get voted because they are the best designed maps, the correct size, the correct amount of open sky ect;. I may be wrong but I don't think most like huge maps and I'm fairly certain that the small spam maps arent popular with most of the regulars. This is the scenario that super fast vehicles introduce and ruins the game play for me....
--My team is losing, your team is taking/downed our primary. I get there start building, you arrive and we engage I get a lucky shot and kill you and start building again. Now... if your are able to spawn get to a vehicle fast enough to allow you to return before I can get the node built and before my team is able to down the linked node the vehicle is too fast. However, having the Mino posted up the the 'Dognuts' spot is not frustrating at all. Not sure of the map version but I think it is this one..MTMU-Minus-rand v5b.This map in my opinion was almost perfect. May I humbly suggest try removing the number of OP vehics on the popular maps and see how it goes.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

still tone deaf...
Not sure I quite get what you mean? Do you want to go back to lobreakers, goliaths and scorpions?

Pretty much there's an agreement to limit the OP vehicles, flying or otherwise, both in terms individual vehicle power and map placement.

If you're feeling particularly nostalgic for the old minus tank me up Randomizer I've put it back on there and see if it gets voted in...

Meanwhile, instead telling me (us) how tone deaf we are, perhaps some specifics, besides your favorite map not on there?
BTW Minus-TMU-Randomizer is pretty much that map plus some of the newer tanks...so not sure what on there breaks it, it doesn't have OP flyers.

I think the dirty 6 get voted in-spite of the OP vehicles not because of them.
I don't think that's correct. The original version of Dria is on there...it hardly gets voted in favor of the OP Randomizer. There's now 7 versions of Minus and most perfer the newer randomizers vs. the older non randomizer versions. And I don't think MassD would get the votes if it wasn't an OP free for all (even though I made most of that map, I kind of don't like it). I took off the old version of DJY because no one ever voted for it.

And there's plenty of good, balanced maps, but a good percentage of our players just want to be bothered to learn a new map, or get frustrated because they are in slow tank while the enyo/xexx/leons of the game take a fast flyer and build three nodes..

As I said, if you have specific wants/ideas or things you'd like to see let me know.
amightytribble

Post by amightytribble »

"As I said, if you have specific wants/ideas or things you'd like to see let me know."
May I humbly suggest try removing the number of OP vehics on the popular maps and see how it goes.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

amightytribble wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:34 pm "As I said, if you have specific wants/ideas or things you'd like to see let me know."
May I humbly suggest try removing the number of OP vehics on the popular maps and see how it goes.
It's hard to strike a balance here. There are multiple versions of the popular maps, with and without OP vehicles.

The majority vote for the OP vehicle versions, consistently.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I don't have a problem with the new vehicles. Actually I would rather use the new OP vehicles in different maps.

What maps did you guys play 5-6 years ago? According to Colbye's videos looked like Dria,Minus,Junkyard,MB. The same shit we play today.

I remember playing vaguely in 09' but I always got booted for team switching 😆
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Super Sanka wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:11 pm I don't have a problem with the new vehicles. Actually I would rather use the new OP vehicles in different maps.

What maps did you guys play 5-6 years ago? According to Colbye's videos looked like Dria,Minus,Junkyard,MB. The same shit we play today.

I remember playing vaguely in 09' but I always got booted for team switching 😆
Hop into the old Omni server. It's still going with map counts and all. I believe Master Bath was #1 with Minus, Nevermore, the usuals close behind.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Currently on the Server, without the "OP" or newer vehicles:

Minus-Kamek-Pretty much the minus version from 10 years ago (I added jump pads to at least let you try to attack the camping Dragon at 8/9)
Minus-TMU-Randomizer-V5b (per request, this is the old original radomizer from years ago, reloaded yesterday)
Dria-V6-Boring - Basically Dria from years ago, some vehicle updates for standardization/bug fixes, but nothing "newer"
Nevermore original version...only real changes here is Wraith for Banshee (which was way too weak), and upgraded Draco (which was next to useless)
Tanks-Alot- both version levi and PPC
AlienHop

Some of those just don't get voted often (Dria-Boring -- which was renamed to make fun of Azazel, and Kamek)
You can what's popular here: https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/ind ... aps&page=1

I removed the non-Rando versions of DJY and AJY because they rarely got voted in compared to the Rando versions.
4Doors

Post by 4Doors »

pooty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:24 pm
still tone deaf...
Not sure I quite get what you mean? Do you want to go back to lobreakers, goliaths and scorpions?

Pretty much there's an agreement to limit the OP vehicles, flying or otherwise, both in terms individual vehicle power and map placement.

If you're feeling particularly nostalgic for the old minus tank me up Randomizer I've put it back on there and see if it gets voted in...

Meanwhile, instead telling me (us) how tone deaf we are, perhaps some specifics, besides your favorite map not on there?
BTW Minus-TMU-Randomizer is pretty much that map plus some of the newer tanks...so not sure what on there breaks it, it doesn't have OP flyers.

I think the dirty 6 get voted in-spite of the OP vehicles not because of them.
I don't think that's correct. The original version of Dria is on there...it hardly gets voted in favor of the OP Randomizer. There's now 7 versions of Minus and most perfer the newer randomizers vs. the older non randomizer versions. And I don't think MassD would get the votes if it wasn't an OP free for all (even though I made most of that map, I kind of don't like it). I took off the old version of DJY because no one ever voted for it.

And there's plenty of good, balanced maps, but a good percentage of our players just want to be bothered to learn a new map, or get frustrated because they are in slow tank while the enyo/xexx/leons of the game take a fast flyer and build three nodes..

As I said, if you have specific wants/ideas or things you'd like to see let me know.
My take is that, in general, we gravitate much more towards "Randomizer" rather than "OP vehicles". I think that's simply human nature. We know how the classic TMU plays 'cause we know exactly which vehicles spawn where and how the nodes connect; conversely, we know that TMU-Randomizer will always have a level of freshness with each game played on the map, both in which vehicles are present in such game and how the nodes connect.

As curt as Tibble is being, I think he could be onto something--keeping the Randomizer function (and even continuing its expansion to other maps) while looking at cutting out the way-OP vehicles.
Bruh im just tryna be famous
pooty

Post by pooty »

keeping the Randomizer function (and even continuing its expansion to other maps) while looking at cutting out the way-OP vehicles.
I randomized AbandonedCity, and removed a bunch of the OP stuff (no mechs, no levis, no OP fliers except maybe the aurora). There's a place for the silliness of everything and we have that. Any newer Randos will be less of the crazy stuff (map dependent).