Balancer Test Results!!

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
EmanReleipS

Re: Balancer Test Results!!

Post by EmanReleipS »

pooty wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:17 pm I've added this page, its not quite complete
https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/onsrankings.php
(Ignore the actual rankings..they don't mean much on this page, just look at the details)

Cores Destroyed
Nodes Destoryed (and per hour)
Nodes Constructed (and per hour)
Constructing Nodes Destroyed (and per hour)

I think I will add these to the main player page ( https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/ind ... ts=players ) since it already has sorting built in.

I did a "composite score" summed up the per hour numbers...and it looks pretty good. (I think that page needs filtered on at least 60 mins of play), but to me its a better "rating" that anything else we have.
Ooooh, this is a really nice page! How did you build this? I think it could make a nice addition to CEONSS' stats page as well.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Where the hell am I on this list? McL)o(vin
Did you change your name on line? Or get stuck with PlayerNN? I think it updates the name if you change it, we can double check after you play a match or two.. I know you were in there...
Ooooh, this is a really nice page! How did you build this? I think it could make a nice addition to CEONSS' stats page as well.
Just copied the rankings.php and modified the code. I had to update the underlying SQL queries to pull the additional data. I can post up the source once I get it finished up. I think adding those to the main player page is a good thing too--not sure what version of StatsDB you're running, as the main page is driven of index.php which does a bunch of things.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:17 pm I've added this page, its not quite complete
https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/onsrankings.php
(Ignore the actual rankings..they don't mean much on this page, just look at the details)
Nice work pooty! That last Hour Sum column seems to be a very good ranking of players, minus a small handful of anomalies. This whole table really exposes who goes to nodes and who doesn't. I think this is definitely heading in the right direction.

Now, how do we get the balancer to use that for shuffling teams?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

To get the balancer to use that, I have to write/change the EvenMatch mutator to read from either the database or a file of recent stats. Its probably going to have to be file based (current one is), so I have to figure out an automated way to generate that file from the stats database and send it to the game server. Problem is I don't have full control of the game server..maybe a php script to sftp it to the game server (which is the opposite of what the stats thing does.. it transfers a file from Gameserver to stats server. So the code is there..if most of you don't know pretty much any UT mod/mutator/vehicle can be decomplied into source code!

I think before all that work, lets get the rankings thing fixed and get consensus that its a better ranking and then I can look at exporting it. I want to make a page that sorts by that composite ranking to see if it makes sense (seems like it does so far)
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:18 am
Where the hell am I on this list? McL)o(vin
Did you change your name on line? Or get stuck with PlayerNN? I think it updates the name if you change it, we can double check after you play a match or two.. I know you were in there...
I think it thinks I'm Player 20 [24], WTF is wrong with this thing. I never changed my name. I'm probably the only one on the entire server that only aliased with 2 aliases, McLovin and McL)o(vin. Everyone else aliases almost weekly and has 10 or 20 aliases.
pooty

Post by pooty »

See if it corrects itself. If not, I can manually update the Database but its a pain.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:19 pm See if it corrects itself. If not, I can manually update the Database but its a pain.
And, now I'm back. LOL
leon

Post by leon »

Sometimes during the match, some good players join the same team or they just leave the match and it ruins the balance of the game. I think in this situation, the admins should force switch some players to rebalance the teams.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah its not easy though. The server won't let a switch (even from admins) that makes the teams uneven it automatically forces it back to even numbers (or 1 different max).

I'd still like to find a way to say "Force Reshuffle" from an admin if the teams get too out of whack.