Help at the Nodes!

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Help at the Nodes!

Post by Enyo »

Or as GTKU would say, "Just show up!"

This pic illustrates why some of us get so irritated and start yelling for help at the nodes. And "help at the nodes" does not mean go barreling blindly into the tunnel node with the ion on TAL. I won't name names here.

Why is it with this game, where the primary objectives are the nodes/core, that so few engage in the actual objective? Been that way long as I can remember and on multiple servers, including CEONSS and OMNI. It seems most just want to play vehicle deathmatch and could care less about playing as a team and winning.

BTW, thanks Sanka and Dingus for showing up (and sort of Vugluskr). It's not hard to figure out why the Blue Team won. Even Coldcut and Bla$ter killed more nodes than just about everyone on Red.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Super Sanka

Re: Help at the Nodes!

Post by Super Sanka »

If i get the node down to 30 % and someone finishes it off do I get credit for a destroyed power node?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Super Sanka wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:59 pm If i get the node down to 30 % and someone finishes it off do I get credit for a destroyed power node?
Nope. Whoever finishes it off gets all the points.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:51 pm
Super Sanka wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:59 pm If i get the node down to 30 % and someone finishes it off do I get credit for a destroyed power node?
Destroyed node points aren't shared like building a node is? That should be updated if possible in UTcomp.

Aside from points awarded in game, how about credit given in the player stats for number of nodes destroyed? Is that also given to the player that finishes it off?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

This is HUD stuff, but how about achievement badges on the scoreboard? I know some servers have that. I think it's a default in Assault for completing objectives. People like shiny things, right? Or maybe this won't change anything.

Would a radar map be possible? So you can at least see where your team is screwing around?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:05 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:51 pm
Destroyed node points aren't shared like building a node is? That should be updated if possible in UTcomp.

Aside from points awarded in game, how about credit given in the player stats for number of nodes destroyed? Is that also given to the player that finishes it off?

Healing fix works by replacing the linkgun with a modified version. Destroyed fix would require updating all of the power nodes in the map with modified versions, to know who damaged the node to split up the points to.

I could probably keep a separate list of nodes and players that damaged them in UTComp without replacing the nodes themselves. It would be a lot of work though. Maybe if the pay were better :lol:

Yes, your number for "Power nodes destroyed" means you were the one that finished them off. "Power nodes constructed" is similar. It means you touched the node first. So even if someone else touched the node and ran off, and you finish linking it entirely, they still get the "nodes constructed" stat.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

More trouble than it's worth. I was just confirming my suspicions. I rather give the points/stats over to a teammate anyway.

-snarfsnarf
Canon Fodder

Post by Canon Fodder »

With regards to TAL, I'm probably one of them that annoyed Enyo. I admit it. Wasn't my goal to personally annoy Enyo. I'm just going after the ion.

My startup strategy on TAL is to get the Palidan down the side tunnel and see if I can get any shots into the ion tank as it spawns. If you're lucky, you can kill the people at the node before the ion spawns. Then I can get some real hits into the ion. My goal is to slow down the ion from deploying the center tunnel, and maybe get some hits on it. Bigger goal, and this has only happened twice in my presence, is to get the Pali down and ram the ion into the wall, thus locking it up getting it stuck. I saw it only once when someone else did it, and accomplished it only once myself. So I don't expect it to happen.

When I see that won't happen, I'll barrel down after the ion, do what damage I can. Then get destroyed ASAP as I don't want to give away a Pali to the enemy. After that, then I'm off to node building. So it's just an initial startup strategy. And if we don't have many people on the team, I won't do any of this as node building is more important.

But Enyo has given me grief over it on mic. So I'll fess up. I'm probably one of them that annoyed him at some time. But I'll do the same no matter who's in the ion. If it's Enyo in the ion, it is what it is. Nothing personal...
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Canon Fodder wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:08 pm With regards to TAL, I'm probably one of them that annoyed Enyo. I admit it. Wasn't my goal to personally annoy Enyo. I'm just going after the ion.

My startup strategy on TAL is to get the Palidan down the side tunnel and see if I can get any shots into the ion tank as it spawns. If you're lucky, you can kill the people at the node before the ion spawns. Then I can get some real hits into the ion. My goal is to slow down the ion from deploying the center tunnel, and maybe get some hits on it. Bigger goal, and this has only happened twice in my presence, is to get the Pali down and ram the ion into the wall, thus locking it up getting it stuck. I saw it only once when someone else did it, and accomplished it only once myself. So I don't expect it to happen.

When I see that won't happen, I'll barrel down after the ion, do what damage I can. Then get destroyed ASAP as I don't want to give away a Pali to the enemy. After that, then I'm off to node building. So it's just an initial startup strategy. And if we don't have many people on the team, I won't do any of this as node building is more important.

But Enyo has given me grief over it on mic. So I'll fess up. I'm probably one of them that annoyed him at some time. But I'll do the same no matter who's in the ion. If it's Enyo in the ion, it is what it is. Nothing personal...
I 100% agree with this. On Tal, my main focus is to maintain possession of the top center node where the Tiamat / PPC spawn and / or destroy the Ion tank & keep it from being an aggressor. I don't care about the bottom primary node; I don't even care about our team's ion node. That is your job ( universal you ). My job is to maintain possession of the top center node and go after the Ion tank. If someone else is doing a great job at keeping the Ion down, then I'll solely focus on the top node & tunnel area. Building nodes is useless on Tal if the Ion is left untouched. If you're on the other team and in the Ion, don't get too comfortable. My job is to make sure the driver is under duress. Now, if we absolutely suck at building nodes, then I'll make an audible and build nodes - but that is not where my services are best fits on Tal.
COLDCUT

Post by COLDCUT »

poof