Omni 1.0 stuck in neutral

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
infinitecat

Omni 1.0 stuck in neutral

Post by infinitecat »

I tried visiting the original Omni server and the present map, Gunshop, is stuck in the "painfully slow download" mode. Like, kb's per second. Can someone with the key go nudge it back to life? (Unless this was intentional, then never mind.) Thanks!
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Omni 1.0 stuck in neutral

Post by captainsnarf »

Omni 1.0 is derelict and coasting on life support. I don't believe any of us have access to it.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

That's a shame. It was nice playing the Omni maps minus the newer vehicles.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The maps with the old vehicles are still on the omni 2.0 server. Problem is nobody votes for them :(
pooty

Post by pooty »

Let me know the exact map name. I can't remember if we switched the redirect on it over to my redirect... I had one I was hosting myself and one here.

We don't have access to the server itself, but I can probably find out the redirect via admin commands.
pooty

Post by pooty »

And Gunshop really hasn't changed other than updated (bug fixes) to things like HellHounds and such... only changes to it for 2.0 server is addition of a teleporter from core to roof -- that was a fix needed for roof campers. But the vehicle mix is the same, as the OG version.
pooty

Post by pooty »

It points to my personal website as the redirect. The gunshop map you're looking at is ONS-D$K-GunShop-Omni-V3-Beta2.ut2 which IS on the redirect so don't know why its slow to load.

But as Snarf said, better to play on 2.0 server. If there's a particular map edit you want let me know.