hax

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

hax

Post by captainsnarf »

Are people using hax?

Seems to be a common question. I really doubt it myself. Maybe some random people but none of the regulars are imo. I remember playing against aimbots and radar hax back in the day and it was painfully obvious who they were.

I know lag causes weird issues. My team was telling me to get my vehicle off the node so they could teleport, but on my screen I wasn't parked on the node and was about 10 game feet from it. Sometimes it seems they have a radar, but if they are in a vehicle with the camera zoomed way out, they can see you behind that wall. Sometimes I just get owned. When I spectate them they are simply really good at the game. A few player names I recognize from 2005 days. That's a long time to get good at this game.
Anonymous.

Re: hax

Post by Anonymous. »

No one is cheating.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Captainsnarf, there are no known cheaters on the server. There are several very experienced long-time players that may seem superhuman to you if you haven't played in a while, but I assure you they are just really good.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

And we do take some steps to identify people who use known hacks (eg. Radar and Aimbots). Its not perfect, but we've caught a couple screwing around with them (and no I am not going to name them, as the situation has been handled) -- so it does work. Mostly though its down to skill and strategy. I said it before on the old forum, back in the LAN gaming days I swore a friend of mine was cheating somehow, because he usually mopped the floor with us... He said "Let me play on your rig"...and then proceeded to mop the floor with us. There's always a bigger fish.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:37 pm ...
Mostly though its down to skill and strategy. ... because he usually mopped the floor with us... proceeded to mop the floor with us. There's always a bigger fish.
Learned this well the first time I played paint ball. Our workplace did a group paintball event at a local canyon. 2 guys ran the event that were pros, the rest of us were newbs. At the end of the day we played a special game where the 2 guys played against everyone else. There was like 30 of us. The 2 guys took everyone out in less than 30 minutes.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

There hasn't been updated anti-cheats in a good 8 years. Even actively updated cheating software on modern games is overcome within days on a regular basis. There's zero reason to believe it's impossible to cheat and there's every reason to believe it's very possible for anyone with the knowledge, desire, or money to do so.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Xexx wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:44 pm There hasn't been updated anti-cheats in a good 8 years. Even actively updated cheating software on modern games is overcome within days on a regular basis. There's zero reason to believe it's impossible to cheat and there's every reason to believe it's very possible for anyone with the knowledge, desire, or money to do so.
Yep, that's why I posted the link to the universal aimbot at the top. If people wanted to cheat, the could. I haven't seen it on this server though. Whenever I encountered them in the past it was super obvious.
pooty

Post by pooty »

There's zero reason to believe it's impossible to cheat and there's every reason to believe it's very possible for anyone with the knowledge, desire, or money to do so.
Is that a confession Xexx? lol j/k. ;)
If you need to cheat to have fun on 18+ year old game....
pooty

Post by pooty »

Provert

Post by Provert »

pooty wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:41 am
If you need to cheat to have fun on 18+ year old game....
Because some people just like chaos? Because a lot of people just don't give a shit about others? because they just bought the game and want to always ween?