New toy 'Pallas'

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

New toy 'Pallas'

Post by captainsnarf »

I've been working on a new vehicle :) I borrowed some inspiration from PercesMAS (artillery levi) and PPC Tank to come up with the 'Pallas' vehicle. Why Pallas? In Greek mythology, Pallas is Perces brother.

Seat1 undeployed -> rockets
deployed -> PPC / PPC SPMA
Seat2 laser turret
Seat3 laser turret
Seat4 PPC turret
seat5 PPC turret

video is here

Since this both deploys and has alt fire I had to change how deployment works. Hit space to deploy.
Last edited by captainsnarf on Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: New toy 'Pallas'

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

PPC as in the PPC tank primary fire? Or the the shock combos from the original hellbender?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:00 pm PPC as in the PPC tank primary fire? Or the the shock combos from the original hellbender?
It's like PPC Tank primary fire. I added a video to the top post.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Very cool! I like it. Seems pretty powerful when fully loaded. And the PPC artillery is awesome.

What maps do you think it would make sense on ? Randomizers (Dria, DJY, AJY) of course! And .. ?
I do wonder if 10000 pts is too much (Kraken level, whereas a Tiamat has 5000 like the Levi. Perses has 8000 (but much weaker offensively imo)), especially with laser turrets can really keep the flyers off.

Did you change the vehicle speed or is it same speed at the other levi variants? Might be fun to make it a bit faster.
When you get it where you want it send me the .u files (and any texture files) and I will load them on the server and put it on the Vehicle Loadout Test map.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Download here

8000 health
Higher top speed but slower acceleration than Levi
Sharper turn radius

Main weapon is heat seeking plasma bolts
Deployed main weapon is Mega PPC / SPMA
2 laser turrets, same as Mino laser turret w/zoom
2 PPC turrets w/zoom
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll try to get it on the server either today or tomorrow.

Anyone have any map ideas they think it will work well on? I was thinking maybe RedPlanet, Panlesh..oo maybe time for a new version of Mass Destruction....
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It will definitely break some maps.

Well, I don't know if break is the right word but the vehicle would become the primary target for sure. On most maps the nodes are strategically placed so you cannot hit them from far.

SPMA goes around that.

Network play is untested. I believe I have all the replication correct but will be good to see how it works on the server.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I've put it on MassDestruction-Pallas-TEST-V9.
I did a quick check and didn't crash the server or put any errors in the server log.

We can test it out. Seemed to work OK.

Some feedback:
Driver Seat 1, lots of projectiles.. might want to reduce rate of fire and increase damage (more projectiles are harder on the server).
When you deploy the spammer via alt-fire once deployed, it tends to deploy it "flat" meaning it shoots the SPMA immediately on AltFire, you need to look up first to get the spma drone up higher. I also had an issue with the target getting "stuck" when it was at max range...maybe someone can verify it.
Same with the lasers, maybe reduce rate of fire and increase damage--I had a hard time killing the bots in the mantas.
But lets see how it plays amid the Destruction..the SPMA fire can kill a Tiamat in two hits...

Overall should be fun! And thanks for doing the work on it.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

I like the Pallas! It doesn't fully work on the server though. It would not deploy, was I pressing the right button? the right click just makes it shoot alternative plasma shots with no sound. And when close range, the rear ppc turrets go through the floor.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Space bar to deploy.

Also alt fire on the primary would be nice with a zoom too.