New toy 'Pallas'

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: New toy 'Pallas'

Post by pooty »

There was code in the Minotaur (Classic) and Omnitaur (usual Omni Mino) that show they take 5x damage from goo. Seems like some of the MAS take much more than your average tank, maybe due to radius?
Tater

Post by Tater »

Tested deployed with
Levi on redplanet: 210 health give or take.
Tiamat on Tanks a Lot: 630 health, give or take.
There is a damage multiplier, maybe it's map based if you can't find anything on it in their files; it's why I wanted to know if Pallas had the same effect
Also fun fact the right-click bio shot doesn't explode into multiple globs if the MAS is deployed, at least on the ones I mentioned above
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Here is my testing on red planet (original)

Single glob vs

scorpion: 38
goliath: 0
bender: 39
manta: 38
levi: 0
levi deployed: 31

full charge glob without any splatters hitting vs
scorpion: 97
goliath: 77
manta: 112*
bender: 77
levi: 77
levi deployed: 189**

* I could not do it without at least one splatter hit
** When levi is deployed, it seems to 'eat' the splatters and take more damage that way.

Also interesting that a single glob does 0 damage vs goliath and levi(not deployed). It does a 'hurtradius' but I think the goliath/levi hurt volume is too far away.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok so I tried Tiamat on Tanks a Lot, full charge glob right in the center: 486 damage.

Is it just Tiamat?

Yes, it is! lol

Found it
class Kraken extends ONSMobileAssaultStation
placeable;

function TakeDamage(int Damage, Pawn instigatedBy, Vector Hitlocation, Vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamageType)
{

if (DamageType == class'DamTypeBioGlob')
Damage *= 3.00;

if (DamageType == class'DamTypeTankShell')
Damage *= 0.9;

if (DamageType == class'DamTypeHoverBikePlasma')
Damage *= 0.50;

if (DamageType == class'DamTypeONSCicadaRocket')
Damage *= 0.50;

if (DamageType == class'DamTypeAttackCraftPlasma')
Damage *= 0.50;

if (DamageType == class'DamTypeFlakChunk')
Damage *= 1.1;

if (DamageType == class'DamTypeShockBeam')
Damage *= 2.0;

Super.TakeDamage(Damage, instigatedBy, Hitlocation, Momentum, damageType);
}
Takes 3x damage from bio, 2x damage from shock, 1/2 damage from mantas, cicadas, and raptors

Hopefully this answers the question. Pallas doesn't do anything special like this. It takes full damage from all types.
Tater

Post by Tater »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:22 pm
Is it just Tiamat?

Yes, it is! lol

Hopefully this answers the question. Pallas doesn't do anything special like this. It takes full damage from all types.
And Kraken :) Though I wish all MAS including shocker took extra damage from bio;
Yes it does, thanks for answering :D
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Tater wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:31 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:22 pm
Is it just Tiamat?

Yes, it is! lol

And Kraken :) Though I wish all MAS including shocker took extra damage from bio;
Yes it does, thanks for answering :D
I dug a little further and see that Tiamat = Kraken

class SmallKraken extends Kraken;
defaultproperties
{
VehicleNameString="Tiamat"
HealthMax=5000.000000
DrawScale=0.8
}
Myth.. confirmed?! lol
pooty

Post by pooty »

Pallas doesn't do anything special like this. It takes full damage from all types.
Maybe it should? Also, I think the base class of MAS takes more damage from air when deployed? But I can't seem to find anything in the base code that says so...but I remember the UT tip that the Levi is more vulnerable to air attacks...

Also, I wonder if setting this bEnableProximityViewShake = False would get rid of the annoying spinning effect when bio tank big blobs the MAS.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:40 am
Pallas doesn't do anything special like this. It takes full damage from all types.
Maybe it should? Also, I think the base class of MAS takes more damage from air when deployed? But I can't seem to find anything in the base code that says so...but I remember the UT tip that the Levi is more vulnerable to air attacks...

Also, I wonder if setting this bEnableProximityViewShake = False would get rid of the annoying spinning effect when bio tank big blobs the MAS.
I can do that.

Also I was thinking of nerfing the laser turrets or changing them to more ppc turrets. What do you think? That way it would be vulnerable to air. I did pretty well the other day on ArcticJunkyard in Pallas against really good players. It's a good sign it's still over powered :D

I looked for a damage modifier against air but I can't find it. Maybe they meant it's more vulnerable because it can't move?
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:40 am

When deployed, the Leviathan is more vulnerable to air attacks

Because when deployed, the homing rockets are not activated as the Leviathan is no longer mobile which results in the use of the main Singularity Cannon. What that sentence is referring to is the plasma turrets are useless against flyers. When deployed, you can't rely on the homing rockets.

When deployed, the Leviathan is vulnerable to air attacks.

When Mobile, the Leviathan's homing rockets will automatically lock onto flyers, Mantas, Scorpions, Tanks, Benders, people. Those homing rockets act as as a defense to the Leviathan although when mobile, the Leviathan is useless.

When deployed, that defense is gone although the Leviathan becomes a large threat as the Singularity Cannon will vaporize anything it is path. Every threat has a weakness and the weakness is it can't defend itself against flyers. We've already discussed that the homing rockets only work when the Leviathan is mobile and when deployed, they are not available. The 4 plasma turrets are useless against flyers which is what they are saying.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Terminator wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:25 pm ...
When Mobile
One of the funniest things you can ever witness on Onmi is a undeployed Levi/Krakin/Tia get hit with a gravity bomb from a spider. It's F'n hillarious. More spiders and Levi/Krakin/Tias please, LOL