MegaBadger

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: How to play MEGA-ARENA smarter.

Post by captainsnarf »

I think maybe it needs the original badger package to build and work correctly? I never did anything with the mega in the badgerfix package. This means there are two 'MyBadger' classes, the one in CSBadgerFix.u and the one in Badgers_V2beta3.u. There are also two minotaurs/omnitaurs, the one in the vehicle pack and the original. It probably needs that one too.

I'd try setting up EditPackages in your ini like so

Code: Select all

EditPackages=Minotaur
EditPackages=Badgers_V2beta3
EditPackages=BadgerTaurv2Omni
then just remove all the specific package references in the code.

defaultproperties
{
   SomeProperty=class'myLevel.SomeClassName'
}
becomes

defaultproperties
{
   SomeProperty=class'SomeClassName'
}
It will find the class based on the list in EditPackages.

My guess is your mega is crashing because it is based on MyBadger in CSBadgerFix, but that MyBadger uses the fixed mesh, and the fixed mesh also requires altering the physics 'k' params. Or it could be copy/paste bug :)

FYI the altered physics is setting Z = -1.0 for KCOMOffset in the KParams

KCOMOffset=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-1.0)
If you upload the code I can try building it also
pooty

Post by pooty »

I uploaded the code to the github. I compiles, as I added those dependent packages to the editpackages... just doesn't summon.

It might be the mesh and that could cause the error, I did note something about a Bone (which is the mesh attachement points for the rest of you), but nothing specific.

If you'd look into it be much appreciated.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I removed all the references to CSBadgerFix and pointed back to Badger and Badger_V2Beta3.
There's no MyBadger in either of those, so I just put MyBadger in the BadgerTaur package.

Same/Similar error on summoning.

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 4017 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (5671)

Assertion failed: Alpha >= 0 && Alpha <= 1 [File:.\UnMath.cpp] [Line: 537]

History: FInterpCurve::Eval <- AONSWheeledCraft::UpdateVehicle <- ASVehicle::execUpdateVehicle <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (Badgertaur ONS-Torlan.Badgertaur, Function Engine.SVehicle.UpdateVehicle) <- ASVehicle::preKarmaStep <- AONSWheeledCraft::preKarmaStep <- CallPreBodyStep <- ProcessPartitions <- KWorldStepSafeTime <- KTickLevelKarma <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Torlan <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

pooty

Post by pooty »

Ugh. I remove all the dependencies on Badger packages (back more less like it was, referencing Badger, MyBadger in the BadgerTaur package. Compiles, and I can summon BadgerTaurV2Omni.Badger and MyBadger, but summoning the BadgerTaur generates the error? I am not sure its EVER worked from extracting it from a map...
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its a mesh thing as you (snarf) pointed out..V2Badgers have different animation/meshes.

There's a MegaBadger in Badgers_V2Beta3, but its turret is minigun not lasers (MegaBadger Mk II) .. so the laser Mega must be some odd one off, or the original
pooty

MegaBadger

Post by pooty »

http://www.ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?t=394
So the Mega MkII is the improved version.
pooty

Re: MegaBadger

Post by pooty »

So lets open up the discussion what the MegaBadger SHOULD be?
I kind of like the minigun vs. laser. And we should use Wormbo's MkII as basis...
Snarf how compatible is that with CSBadgerFix?

Changes to MKII, IMO
- Adjust the driveability and let it climb hills a bit better
- Cannon to match the Mino (MkII has is own cannon where as I think the one we mostly use has same cannon as mino)

Thoughts?
ProtoDroidBot

Post by ProtoDroidBot »

Something is extremely fishy with the Badgertaur mesh, its showing up as 0 verticies and 0 triangles in UEViewer and some weird stuff that shouldn't be valid in UE2 directly.

UEViewer/UModel comparison.

Badgertaur from MoreBadgers_Anim package

For reference, here is the Badger_ani_fixed skeletal mesh

And renaming the mesh definition to the fixed Badger doesn't fix the issue
ProtoDroidBot

Post by ProtoDroidBot »

Got it working! Filing first github issue now

Apparently there was an issue parsing the TorqueCurve values and as such, that "equation was unbalanced" and all OutVal variable did not line up with their respective InVal variables.

TorqueCurve=(Points=((OutVal=3.000000),(OutVal=5.000000),(InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),(InVal=1500.000000)))
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Download here badgertaurv2omni.zip

Here is the pull request with everything I changed. The main issue was the TorqueCurve was wrong/syntax errors.

This version depends on CSBadgerFix and CSMinotaur (not omnitaur)
ProtoDroidBot wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 pm Got it working! Filing first github issue now

Apparently there was an issue parsing the TorqueCurve values and as such, that "equation was unbalanced" and all OutVal variable did not line up with their respective InVal variables.

TorqueCurve=(Points=((OutVal=3.000000),(OutVal=5.000000),(InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),(InVal=1500.000000)))
lol 3 minutes